Olive Garden to offer dinner ... and free babysitting

Olive Garden and My Gym Offer Dinner and Free Babysitting
If you're dying for a date night with your spouse but need a babysitter - you're in luck. As 'Fox & Friends' reports, one restaurant chain is providing the babysitter AND footing the babysitting bill.

'For one night only, Olive garden will pick up the tab for babysitting! The restaurant teaming up with A children's activity center, it's called My Gym.'

On February 7th, My Gym will offer a fun evening of free games and activities for your children as you enjoy your Italian meal. But even with 145 participating locations, KPRC suggests booking your child's spot quickly.

'Space is limited that night to about 30 children at each My Gym location. They are going to have you pay a deposit, which of course will be refunded after you show your Olive Garden receipt.'

But some aren't too thrilled about Olive Garden's sudden show of generosity. One WFLD anchor even called the gesture quote 'desperate.' Here's why.

'I say desperate because their sales have been in jeopardy, and they are closing some stores and laying off workers ...'

As the Orlando Sentinel reports, the chain IS using the Parents Night Out as a way to promote their 2-for-$25 special. But hey ... a free babysitter doesn't sound like a bad deal.

mikedado2 January 30 2014 at 4:00 PM

We are quite fortunate where I live, The Olive Garden here is fairly new ( less than 2 yrs old ) .
They are well staffed,
The food ( to me ) has always been served fresh and hot plenty of fresh salad ,hot bread sticks.
The beef tortellini is incredible !

mikedado2 mikedado2 January 30 2014 at 4:01 PM

Louisville Ky , Next to The Jefferson Mall

jneal11254 January 30 2014 at 5:09 PM

I think "desperate" is an unfair word to use here. There is no secret that Olive Garden is having a hard time, but every business tries to find ways to encourage new customers. This is not only creative, but it could also generate new business for My Gym.

egd11343 January 30 2014 at 5:12 PM

For my friends with kiddies!

Matt Dougherty egd11343 January 30 2014 at 5:18 PM

here kiddie kiddie ! MEOW

linjack39 January 30 2014 at 5:33 PM

I don't have any complaints about Olive Garden. Ate lunch there yesterday. Unlimited soup, unlimited salad and unlimited bread sticks all for $6.95 less $1.00 coupon. Great deal for $5.95! And the service was wonderful!

silverfawn January 30 2014 at 5:37 PM

I find the Olive Garden experience depends on the restaurant. The one in my home town is actually quite good. The one near where I once worked is terrible. It really depends on the staff.

airborneinore January 30 2014 at 5:48 PM

I guess it just depends on the place. The Olive Garden by my house in Salem Oregon is packed every night , there is a line every evening. I have no personal opinion about them because I don't eat there. I am just stating facts. I live close to one and it has a large parking lot that is packed every night , with a line that wraps around half the building. Maybe not all of them have quality cooks and staff and it has hurt their business.

brisedemer January 30 2014 at 3:09 PM

I don't get it. Any Olive Garden that I've been to has always been crowded, with people waiting to be seated.

Bill January 30 2014 at 5:51 PM

Have never had a bad experience at Olive Garden. Food has always been great and the service

excellent. As with most chains, depends on management and location.

edjguy January 30 2014 at 5:57 PM

I love the salad

tandcpreschool January 30 2014 at 5:59 PM

Desperate or not, it's a business and if that's what they need to do to keep their doors open so be it!

dusty754 tandcpreschool January 30 2014 at 6:16 PM

Okay. So they are doing this for one night only. Maybe they will expand on it, but don't see how this will really help since they have to pay for the child care services, along with the staff at the restaurant. seems more money being spent and the price of the meal is the same.