AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Officers deliver baby on his birthday

Police Officer Shares Birthday with Baby He Delivered During Gridlock

Ask any police officer on the street and they'll tell you that there's no such thing as a "routine traffic stop."

Such was the case for Atlanta officer Tim Sheffield yesterday, who noticed a stopped car on the side of Interstate 25.

He approached to see if they were having car trouble, but car trouble it was not -- they were having a baby!

Amy Anderson and her husband were on the way to the hospital when they got caught in the Atlanta gridlock.

According toe Sheffield, "That baby was definitely coming no matter what."

"I walked up and I looked and I could see that the baby was just about to come on out, so I went back and got my first aid kit, I walked back up there," Sheffield said. "The dad was real calm, the mom was a super trooper."

A few moments later, baby Grace had arrived.

"I said, that's awesome. Today's my birthday. So it was kind of a neat birthday surprise."

More From You

136 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
msmith6791 January 31 2014 at 11:08 AM

Ladies, not being a woman, I have no idea of what it feels to have a baby. They were on their way to the hospital, so obviously the woman had an idea she was going to give birth. So, out of public interest, just what does it feel like. What do you feel that tells you the little one wants to come out?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
leadfoot494 January 31 2014 at 6:05 AM

bunch of hill billy wanna bes who cant handle 2 inches of snow no wonder why you lost the war

Reply Flag as Abusive -9 rate up rate down
4 replies to leadfoot494's comment
wizardzrevenge January 31 2014 at 5:51 AM

Why do writers always have to be negative about every thing in this world?

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
Dans AOL January 31 2014 at 5:02 AM

Since when does I 95 or I 25 go through Atlana , Ga. I 95 is over 200 mile away and I 25 is nearly 2000 mies away. Now with that sai I 85, I75, a I 20 all run through atlanta and I285(the perieter) runs aound Atlanta,Ga. GeezeAOL news et your facts right , it may also help to learn how to read a map, and proof read before you publish

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
1 reply to Dans AOL's comment
rickposyton January 31 2014 at 5:18 AM

Bravo ! At least some one knows something about the interstate system in this country ! I was appalled as well to see that articles are published with such erroneous "facts". After seeing such egregious statements, why should anyone believe anything this "author" has to say !

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
david.konen January 31 2014 at 3:10 AM

Well, now THIS is a story I didn't EXPECT to read. I'm NOT surprised that this would have happened as this burst of arctic air came ALL THE WAY down to the "Deep South".

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
pacrowderholyoke January 31 2014 at 1:25 AM

WHO proofreads these AOL articles??? "According toe Sheffield..." Also, talk about choppy sentences! It seems there are typos and grammatical errors in every single AOL/Huffpo article any more.

As far as the article goes, many congratulations to the parents and a very Happy Birthday and congratulations on a job well done to the officer!

Reply Flag as Abusive +6 rate up rate down
2 replies to pacrowderholyoke's comment
roelene January 31 2014 at 2:25 AM

proofread your own sentences.

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
Dans AOL January 31 2014 at 5:07 AM

Not only that but there ae geographical eas too. Head line reads I95 in Atlanta, which I95 is 200 mles east of Atlanta , and then it says I25 which I 25 runs From New Mexico to Montana which again is nowhere near Atlanta, Ga.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Daniel January 31 2014 at 1:13 AM

It is amazing how god always shows up just at the right time.

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
1 reply to Daniel's comment
Penderosa January 31 2014 at 2:00 AM

who?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Mom The Bomb January 31 2014 at 1:01 AM

Steve, it was the officer's birthday.........you get it? Duh.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
tiyet_fosque January 31 2014 at 12:45 AM

what a amazing blessing, Happy Birthday to both:)

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Steve January 31 2014 at 12:45 AM

Well, duh! Weren't we all born on our birthday?

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
2 replies to Steve's comment
pacrowderholyoke January 31 2014 at 1:26 AM

Try reading the article AGAIN, Steve! It was the POLICE OFFICER'S BIRTHDAY! sheesh...

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down