nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Woman to quit job during Super Bowl commercial

Woman to Quit Job During Super Bowl Commercial

It's a commercial bound to go viral, and it hasn't even aired yet. 'Good Morning America' delves into how one company will be left without an employee come Sunday.

'One woman is about to quit her job on TV in front of everyone watching the Super Bowl.'

Bold move! And the woman's boss has no idea this employee will quit her job as part of GoDaddy's Super Bowl commercial. Here's a peek.

'Let's talk about dreams and the people who wish to pursue them, like BLEEP. She's a real person, and she has the dream of starting her own business and she's got a message for her boss.'

That's right - the boss will find out along with the rest of America. GoDaddy wouldn't reveal anything about the mystery lady, but GoDaddy's CEO did recount how the company found her.

'We just kinda went through our customers and found people we thought were ready to take that step.'

Altough the mystery woman will quit her job during one of the most-watched TV events of the year, GoDaddy shared this info with AdWeek :'After the commercial, a formal resignation letter will be delivered and she'll give her two-week notice.'

Well, if she's not fired, that is. We're not really sure if two weeks notice makes up for the publicity, but whatever.

More From You

121 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
felix75231 January 30 2014 at 10:56 PM

Best all time commercial is ,drum roll please, The Coke ad with Mean Joe Greene and the kid. Where are they now?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
paintcharmer January 30 2014 at 11:14 AM

she won't need a job, go daddy is probably paying her a fortune. She is not so dumb.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
wittlief January 30 2014 at 10:59 AM

Its Dancia Patrick
She is quitting Nacar after never winning a single race in all these years.
this is her way of acting like its a positive thing
and promoting whatever GoDaddy will be paying her to do next.
Clever in a really really shallow way!

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
gilbear39 January 30 2014 at 9:41 AM

Corporate Greed made me walk out on my job after spending 18 years with them. The company was sold to a corparation who in turn started to take away benifits from the employees. In 9 years that they owned the company I got a 3.25% raise. Then they took 5% away from all the employees. We made 36 Million dollars in profit for the company in 2012 & all they did was give themselves an extra million dollar bonus for the owners. The filthy rich 1% don't care about their employees so why should we care about them. I had another job lined up & I gave them my notice. I was all done & I was not coming back to this company. Treat your employer the way they treat their employees. More people walked out after I did. They are all doing better. The original owner bought back the company before this corperation decide to close the doors & have 350 lose their jobs. No pity for Big Corperations & the filth rich 1%. Time for the American people to speak out & stop working for peanuts. The economy is down because of these people keeping all the money for themselves. Standup America & lets make a Statement & Be Heard.

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
pntbalplyr January 30 2014 at 9:31 AM

Think how terrible her job and bosses is/are for her to do something like this
I wish Her well who ever she is

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
endmillll January 30 2014 at 9:20 AM

I bet its going too piss someone off..

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
classicconnusa January 30 2014 at 9:10 AM

As a business man - if I got wind of an employee who so displayed such callous and thoughtless disregard for protocol toward a former employer by trying to embarrass them ESPECIALLY ON NATIONAL TELEVISION like this I would make darn sure I never allowed that person to put me in such a position. If her name is broadcast - she can pretty much kiss any future job interviews as "a waste of time". I hope her new business venture is a success because if it isn't I pity her chances for re-employment. Thumbs down on this one - bad idea and poor life-decision in my opinion no matter what the circumstances. At least leave on good terms so both parties can live in peace.

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
1 reply to classicconnusa's comment
wittlief January 30 2014 at 10:13 AM

so in other words you have no idea who this woman is
or what this million dollar ad is all about
but you don't like it,
Shouldn't you be minding the store, instead of yacking on internet message forums?!

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
1 reply to wittlief's comment
classicconnusa February 11 2014 at 12:34 PM

Makes no difference what the ad is about or who the woman is. Any employee who would be so vindictive as to blast an employer on national TV - let alone the Super Bowl - is simply burning their bridges. That is never a wise decision. The mllion dollar ad is irrelavent - she won it - she might use it for a more constructive purpose. No skin off my nose -just a comment. By the way - you don't know me either - am I not permitted to take some time to pour over this useless information and waste a little of my time responding - or is it only your right to sit there and criticize my opinion. I guess thats wbat the "reply" tab is for - so enjoy yourself.

Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
plfdlimo January 30 2014 at 9:05 AM

Another stupid person craving attention with her fifteen minutes of fame....good luck getting another job

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
mooresrentalllc January 30 2014 at 8:59 AM

I certainly hope she has taken care of legal aspects of her decision (not knowing what her new direction involves). But if - in any way - she is intending on competing with her present employer - she BETTER have her "i"s dotted & "t"s crossed per any confidentiality, non-compete or trade secret issues. Good luck if it's an entirely different direction. Be VERY careful if it is in any way associated with your present capacity. I spent 4 years in litigation for charges and civil suits that ended up bogus but cost me a ton of money and held my new business hostage. Please Please Please - if this is the case - prepare well for your leaving. Your TV ad might well infuriate your present employer and if that company becomes known on national TV they may take action for any damage you might cause as a result of the negative publicity. This really hit home for me!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
sencj January 30 2014 at 8:50 AM

Hey lady....All of the people cheering you on now? They won't hire you or support any business you manage to start.

Some people may find classless behavior entertaining on TV, but they don't want to be around it in real life.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down