AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Justin Bieber turns himself in

Justin Bieber

TORONTO (AP) - Justin Bieber turned himself in to Toronto police on an assault charge Wednesday, the second arrest in a week for the baby-faced 19-year-old pop star.

Bieber arrived in the evening at a police station to a crush of media and screaming fans.

A police official said the charge has to do with an alleged assault on a limo driver in December. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

A spokesman for Bieber had no comment Wednesday.

Toronto police said in late December they were looking into allegations that a member of Bieber's entourage assaulted a limo driver who was ferrying the Canadian pop star and several others. Police said at the time it was unclear whether Bieber was involved.

Bieber emerged from a black SUV wearing a winter coat and a backwards ball cap before being led through a throng of police and reporters. Many waited for his arrival for over an hour in freezing temperatures.

It was yet another sign of the crazy lifestyle that has taken over Bieber's image.

Earlier on Wednesday, Bieber pleaded not guilty in Florida to charges of driving under the influence after driving nearly twice the speed limit on a Miami Beach street. He also pleaded not guilty to resisting arrest and driving with an expired license.

The Canadian pop star lately has drawn more attention for his brushes with the law than for his music. His arrival at the Toronto police station was no different - the singer debuted a music video for his song "Confident" on Wednesday afternoon, just as news of his expected arrest was breaking.

Bieber remains under investigation for felony vandalism in Los Angeles County over an egg-tossing episode that damaged his neighbor's home. Detectives searched his home on Jan. 14, and prosecutors have sought additional information before determining whether to pursue charges.

The cases have overshadowed the recent release of his latest album. Its reception has been far from the chart-topping success Bieber had after he debuted in 2009, with multiple platinum albums.

Last year, Bieber made headlines for everything from clashing with a paparazzo to fainting at a show to being photographed smoking marijuana. The paparazzo is suing Bieber for assault and battery.

German authorities charged him thousands of dollars after he abandoned a pet monkey that they seized from him for failing to have proper vaccination papers.

The singer also had to apologize to Bill Clinton after cursing the former president and spraying his photo with cleaning fluid in a New York City restaurant kitchen.

Bieber was discovered through a YouTube video of him performing, and his career has been guided by a pair of music industry heavyweights, singer Usher and manager Scooter Braun. He has been nominated for two Grammy Awards for his 2010 full-length album debut "My World 2.0," but his popularity has waned.

Braun tweeted Wednesday evening, "i ask people to be kind and hope for the best in people. not assume the worst. Thanks."

Jon Bollock, a 14-year-old fan waiting for Bieber to arrive outside the Toronto police station, said he wanted to see Bieber but said "it's pretty embarrassing for Canada."

More From You

438 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
aaron2424 January 30 2014 at 10:24 AM

hey brk goo home mon call you never came back

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
amadorjoanie January 30 2014 at 6:44 AM

my grandchildren idolize you. don't u stop and think? Just like the rest of them, have to screw up a good thing. Me personaly I have no respect for u. How money & fame changes a wonderful/talented person .I'm very sad, for u , your family & my Grandchildren (teens) What's going thru your head. You will end up like "michael jackson" My heart goes out to your Mom and you. I thougt you had more intelligence and sense. I have no respect for u. So sorry, I loved you to death. Just like the rest, young and going to your head; so sad what an image to show. I would be very embarrased. Best to you and pray you should the right road to keep your fans.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
dal January 30 2014 at 6:31 AM

I couldn't say if I would be any different if I were in his shoes, I mean as a kid I did as much if not worse but did not have the money and fame to propel me to go harder at it. Folks tend to lose sight of how this kind of life is for a kid. One day your a hero, genius, talented, shining star because for a kid you are something to behold but as you get older the novelty wears off and your an adult but folks keep treating you like your the same child star they grew to love and still hold you to the light as some kind of roll model, a standard noone can live with all their life.
Now I know very little about this fellow, just that of which the media has been showing me for the last five years or so Hell I couldn't even name one song by him.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
clydesr4me January 30 2014 at 6:08 AM

With his career waning is there a better way to stay in the spotlight. If he gets in trouble with minor offenses he gets his fans following his brittany spears episode. It would be amusing if some judge gave him the option of jail or the military,it would certainly tame the spoiled brat in him.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Robwoodmaster January 30 2014 at 5:57 AM

SPOILED BRAT WHO HAS LOTS OF MONEY TO DO WHAT HE WANTS TO DO, WHEN HE WANT TO DO IT! JUST LIKE SOME OTHERS, LINDSEY LOHEN, PARIS HILTON, AND MANY OTHERS WITH FAME & MONEY.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Grace January 30 2014 at 5:54 AM

Deport him for good!

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
ajl1946 January 30 2014 at 5:53 AM

Too bad these rich kids have no adult guidance and grow up thinking they are above the law, only surrounded by money grubbers.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
Robin January 30 2014 at 5:52 AM

this too will move on.....as usual. I just wish I had some money like him so I can smile too!:)

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
HI BEAUTIFUL January 30 2014 at 5:44 AM

Poor guy just has not had the proper direction from his parents or his managers. He got to the top way too quickly and as most, is unable to handle it. He's got the money but not the maturity. Hope he can pull himself together and get on the right track. He should have an allowence and not have free reign over his money. It just gets him into trouble. He needs his parents and has got to be too big for his britches. I am not a fan but I do feel badly for him. He is cute but I don't think he has much if any talent. The way electronic are today they can make anyone sound good even if they can't sing a note.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
1 reply to HI BEAUTIFUL's comment
dal January 30 2014 at 6:38 AM

Well you can't say his mother or any other adult may and may not be trying to show him right from wrong. I have seen kids come from great homes with doting parents become harden criminals at no fault or lack of guidance from their parents. It is just how it happens sometimes, money and fame don't help.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
teebang January 30 2014 at 5:41 AM

100% spoiled - DUNCE! A matter on time before his whole world falls apart.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down