Twitter reacts to the State of the Union

As President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union Address, everyone from political pundits to celebrities and ordinary people are reacting to his remarks on Twitter. Take a look at what America thinks of what the President had to say:

loudeedee January 29 2014 at 10:23 AM

The piper blows another tune, how many are still following?

rgkarasiewicz loudeedee January 29 2014 at 10:26 AM

His core base: The poor (which is a huge voting block), and the rich that are bankrolling him.

pandyaken January 29 2014 at 10:56 AM

Unfortunately, it is not just WORDS that matter. It is the ACTION that matters. People in this great country do remember what you have DONE, rather than put more value to the empty promises. I travel all over the World including Far East and Middle East, and the view of the USA has been drastically changed for worse in the past few years. The Americans are becoming a laughing stock, in the eyes of the folks from the Middle East. USA is no longer a place where the young, talented engineers, doctors and professionals want to immigrate. We have out-sourced our jobs to the folks from Far East and things are getting worse, not better. American men and women in the uniform do not feel being appreciated and they are worried. I own a small business, and my incomes are falling every year. I am 64 yeaars old, and between my wife and I, we pay a whopping $1450/month for healthcare insurance which has $10,000 annual deductible, allows four lousy doctor visits per year for physicals and 80% of the bills after satisfying deductible!!!! Give me a break! I can only hope and pray, for the future of our Citizens, that the people in this country will evaluate FACTS, not political promises. The promises of Hope And Change has become Dope and Shame. ..... A few more years of the same?????? NO, THANK YOU

Kitty pandyaken January 29 2014 at 11:06 AM

I am 65 and the Socialist Medicare has enabled me to pay absolutely nothing for doctors, specialist etc. A $50 copayment for Urgent Care at the hospital and nothing if I am admitted.... However, before Obamacare (which I do not need now) my company folded and I had to pay $825 a month with no income and a 5K ded and 10K OOP. I had a CA scare and told me doctor that I would have no more test and if treatment was necessary I would not do it....why? Because I had already lost over half of my retirement savings and if I used the rest up I would loose my home as SS was not enough to pay taxes and insurance etc.... My neighbor had not had insurance for over ten years and was able to get coverage at the great rate of...are you ready...$40 a month! If you are paying such a high price, you must be earning a very good living and able to afford it because the average American does not have to pay that through Obamacare and can get excellent coverage. You think our men and women in uniform are worried....Yep! They now will not have any unemployment because of Republicans...

sisterdox pandyaken January 29 2014 at 11:15 AM

Thank your lucky stars you're able to make those payments. That's almost more than I make a month on my pension.

scottee January 29 2014 at 8:55 AM

I am sick of politicians living in luxury while pointing a finger at the people.

nsejr January 29 2014 at 7:31 AM

Mr. President,

With all due respect. If we had more jobs than people who could fill them than incomes will go up. If we have more people with out jobs incomes do not go up thus you are planning to raise minnium wages and even more people will become job less.

MIKE January 29 2014 at 8:55 AM

I didn't get to watch the whole speech because I got ill in the first 5 minutes. Watched the pundits afterwards and realized I had already seen that movie.

Deanna MIKE January 29 2014 at 9:12 AM

I didn't watch the first 5 minutes. Knew it was going to be a rebroadcast and I can't stand to look at the man let alone listen to his lies.

richie January 29 2014 at 6:47 AM

I don,t think he slept to good last night.

Hello Jerry January 29 2014 at 10:36 AM

How about POTUS make an executive order "Any politican caught lying is a felon"

jacknrose Hello Jerry January 29 2014 at 10:40 AM

he would be the first to go, ha ha ha

Shawn Hello Jerry January 29 2014 at 10:47 AM

Then GWBush should be in front of the firing squad for lieing about Weapons of mass destruction in I raq which killed over 3,000 americans and plenty more of innocent people in Iraq. Your an idiot!!!

fl33436 Shawn January 29 2014 at 10:51 AM

LBJ a democrat killed over 58,000 US soldiers in Vietnam over what?

Flag +1 rate up
cfrjohio Shawn January 29 2014 at 11:32 AM

Seriously? You DO know that this had to be passed in congress, right? Apparently not. THE WMD was based only on the information that was given him., He PASSED ON that information and it was VOTED on! Talk about an idiot! You must be naive.

Flag 0 rate up
krazzicraig January 29 2014 at 8:29 AM

There is a old saying ,a house divided is a dysfunctional house . Washington has become completely dysfunctional. This creates the perfect environment for power brokers to manipulate the system. The folks on K-street have this down to a science.

ksandrasff January 29 2014 at 12:26 AM

I really would like to believe,however i donot

bassidan January 29 2014 at 10:14 AM

Food for thought. Would raising the minimum wage (not sure how much) above what someone would collect in unemployment encourage many of the unemployed (that have given up searching) back into job market? The additional expense will most likely be passed on to the consumer. I believe the savings of taking them out of the unemployment line and contributing to the economy would offset that additional ten cents you pay for that greasy burger or those low quality products you purchase at Walmart. These new employees will have greater appreciation for their jobs and you most likely will see an improvement in customer service. Most of the unemployed are hard working Americans that have lost their jobs to out-sourcing, slowly recovering economy, and greed.
I would like to see an economic debate on this from experts, not from arm chair quarterbacks that never sat in a basic college level economics class regurgitating talking points.

LKFeinberg bassidan January 29 2014 at 10:17 AM