Twitter reacts to the State of the Union

As President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union Address, everyone from political pundits to celebrities and ordinary people are reacting to his remarks on Twitter. Take a look at what America thinks of what the President had to say:

EEEUSA January 29 2014 at 11:10 AM

This is what we get when we allow ourselves to be divided. Remember, United We Stand, Divided We Fall. Having two parties does just that, divides us all. Let the politicians be divided with two parties, Let us be United, that way we can control our future and theirs. There are good Democrats and Good Republicans. We should pick the best from each party. Being United we can replace them if they fail. Either party would run a stick for office if necessary and if thats your party you vote for it. Time to stand up and take a stand. Put the best people in office, forget the party. Let's take control back. As you can see the politicians can't handle it power or control. We are pretty close to being out numbered by freeloaders and government employees. Thats not a good senario.

sallyj241 EEEUSA January 29 2014 at 11:20 AM

We need to do background checks on these politicians. There are so many of them that are crooks. Terms should be limited just like the presidential term. We have a president?????

pandyaken January 29 2014 at 10:56 AM

Unfortunately, it is not just WORDS that matter. It is the ACTION that matters. People in this great country do remember what you have DONE, rather than put more value to the empty promises. I travel all over the World including Far East and Middle East, and the view of the USA has been drastically changed for worse in the past few years. The Americans are becoming a laughing stock, in the eyes of the folks from the Middle East. USA is no longer a place where the young, talented engineers, doctors and professionals want to immigrate. We have out-sourced our jobs to the folks from Far East and things are getting worse, not better. American men and women in the uniform do not feel being appreciated and they are worried. I own a small business, and my incomes are falling every year. I am 64 yeaars old, and between my wife and I, we pay a whopping $1450/month for healthcare insurance which has $10,000 annual deductible, allows four lousy doctor visits per year for physicals and 80% of the bills after satisfying deductible!!!! Give me a break! I can only hope and pray, for the future of our Citizens, that the people in this country will evaluate FACTS, not political promises. The promises of Hope And Change has become Dope and Shame. ..... A few more years of the same?????? NO, THANK YOU

Kitty pandyaken January 29 2014 at 11:06 AM

I am 65 and the Socialist Medicare has enabled me to pay absolutely nothing for doctors, specialist etc. A $50 copayment for Urgent Care at the hospital and nothing if I am admitted.... However, before Obamacare (which I do not need now) my company folded and I had to pay $825 a month with no income and a 5K ded and 10K OOP. I had a CA scare and told me doctor that I would have no more test and if treatment was necessary I would not do it....why? Because I had already lost over half of my retirement savings and if I used the rest up I would loose my home as SS was not enough to pay taxes and insurance etc.... My neighbor had not had insurance for over ten years and was able to get coverage at the great rate of...are you ready...$40 a month! If you are paying such a high price, you must be earning a very good living and able to afford it because the average American does not have to pay that through Obamacare and can get excellent coverage. You think our men and women in uniform are worried....Yep! They now will not have any unemployment because of Republicans...

sisterdox pandyaken January 29 2014 at 11:15 AM

Thank your lucky stars you're able to make those payments. That's almost more than I make a month on my pension.

present451 January 29 2014 at 9:01 AM

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

notreehere January 29 2014 at 11:07 AM

He reminds me of Benito Mussolini ......

matthewjames40.matthew January 29 2014 at 2:01 AM

The SOTU made one thing very clear to me: I will never vote for a Dem/Repub again.. Their blatant disregard for the wishes of the American people on most issues is very alarming. Time to to give a 3rd party candidate a chance to run this country; someone who will listen and take action for the millions of people who are disenfranchised with this current hijacked governemt that will we all know are in cahoots with each other. It's high time to get off this merry-go-round and change direction. And that applause was very nauseating; sounded like a football pep rally. If we don't change leadership and steer clear of this governemt's globalist agenda, we will be doomed as a sovereign nation. Revolution at the polls is what's needed.

rthompson1329 January 29 2014 at 7:18 AM

I heard a lot of bragging in his speach. A lot of "I" and very little in the form of wanting to get things done. He is the one that sets the example. He comes across as a very pompous person.

Rich January 29 2014 at 8:39 AM

The first half was all "we need to spend more money on this or that" without a hint as to how he would pay for it. Such a hypocrite...demands Congress spend money that we don't have, then chides Congress for not raising a debt ceiling "to pay their bills."

bobru1 January 29 2014 at 9:53 AM

he stil doesn't realize that working together is the way to go.

dralfredotaule bobru1 January 29 2014 at 10:17 AM

Arrogance! Why won't he release his academic records?
What is he hiding? What about the most transparent administration?
Benghazi, IRS, NSA, Fast& Furious and ObanaCare are all scandals you DEMIs are willing to suck up.
Why. you are Americans?

fcmec bobru1 January 29 2014 at 10:28 AM

So when will the gop start working with him?

brus35 January 29 2014 at 7:16 AM

Kick the bums out

fbklynborn January 29 2014 at 11:07 AM

I am a democrat I spent 35 years working outside in the elements of the northeast. My son was in the army for 4 years 15 months in Iraq. nonthing will change no matter who is in the white house as long as congress is on the take. They go into congress well to do but come out millionaires. The only way things will chang here is if the congress acts. Consumer goods have to be made here. If corporations are forced by law over a 20 year period to make the change we can make a come back. It will be hard there will be inflation We are use to paying less for all our goods. We have been programmed to pay less at any price but the price has been our jobs. Thats where our middle class has gone Asia India and so on. If its sold here it should be made here
We are still the number 1 consumers in the world the corporations still need us In 5 years I dont know We need to act now

jamesandelaine01 fbklynborn January 29 2014 at 12:00 PM

I agree with our need to promote USA goods. We as citizens need to take the lead, buying American goods wherever we can. Also, we need to press our Government to pass laws to promote American goods. Also, the agencies need to provide information for the consumers about available American goods.

JLN

fbklynborn jamesandelaine01 January 29 2014 at 12:12 PM

in 1980 almost all my everything i bought was made here now it is next to impossible to find anything made here. carhart clothes was one of the last now they are making there clothes in Asia

Flag 0 rate up
fbklynborn jamesandelaine01 January 29 2014 at 12:17 PM

it needs to be legislated

Flag 0 rate up
dgerk4061 fbklynborn January 29 2014 at 1:43 PM

We are not going to be No 1 anything pretty soon!