Twitter reacts to the State of the Union

As President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union Address, everyone from political pundits to celebrities and ordinary people are reacting to his remarks on Twitter. Take a look at what America thinks of what the President had to say:

maa2626 January 29 2014 at 7:08 AM

my wife teaches in a urban school district, 4th grade, breakfast and lunch provided to all children, even dispenses floride treatment, dinner being served before dismissal is being discussed. She was having a problem with one of her "32" students. Private discussion with boy about sucess and wanting to suceed, having a job, his own funds to be self sufficient and thrive, all things we have instilled in our 3 kids. His response "my mom does not work and we have nice things"

laurawolfie maa2626 January 29 2014 at 7:24 AM

I taught for 29 years as an art teacher in public and private schools. In one class of 5th graders at a public school I asked why the student didn't participate and her answer was…"my mom said I just had to be here so she wouldn't get into trouble with the law". So then I said that education is important and that you need an education to succeed and her answer was…"my mom lives off welfare and is teaching me how to live off welfare". I told her if she had a college education she could make much more money than living off welfare and she said…her grandmother lives on welfare, her mom lives on welfare and her aunt lives on welfare and they have everything they need". So I was perplexed; how do you combat that kind of mindset?

maa2626 laurawolfie January 29 2014 at 7:46 AM

send the children to the "milton Hersey scool" in hersey pa, you and my wife should have coffee or some strong "tea" sometime. enjoy the day.

Flag 0 rate up
cbcmkt maa2626 January 29 2014 at 7:32 AM

The left has created a welfare state of voters in their pockets, bought and paid for by We the Tax Paying Americans!!! My suggestion? Make it manditory that if you are on welfare for more than 1 year, you must do minimum of 20hours community service and/or 20 hours job training to keep your welfare coming!!!

If you have more children on welfare, you are automatically off it! For all you liberal right of choice - which I am as well. Manditory abortions for all pregnant women on welfare or temporary sterilization of women until they are off welfare and have a job.

pandyaken January 29 2014 at 10:56 AM

Unfortunately, it is not just WORDS that matter. It is the ACTION that matters. People in this great country do remember what you have DONE, rather than put more value to the empty promises. I travel all over the World including Far East and Middle East, and the view of the USA has been drastically changed for worse in the past few years. The Americans are becoming a laughing stock, in the eyes of the folks from the Middle East. USA is no longer a place where the young, talented engineers, doctors and professionals want to immigrate. We have out-sourced our jobs to the folks from Far East and things are getting worse, not better. American men and women in the uniform do not feel being appreciated and they are worried. I own a small business, and my incomes are falling every year. I am 64 yeaars old, and between my wife and I, we pay a whopping $1450/month for healthcare insurance which has $10,000 annual deductible, allows four lousy doctor visits per year for physicals and 80% of the bills after satisfying deductible!!!! Give me a break! I can only hope and pray, for the future of our Citizens, that the people in this country will evaluate FACTS, not political promises. The promises of Hope And Change has become Dope and Shame. ..... A few more years of the same?????? NO, THANK YOU

Kitty pandyaken January 29 2014 at 11:06 AM

I am 65 and the Socialist Medicare has enabled me to pay absolutely nothing for doctors, specialist etc. A $50 copayment for Urgent Care at the hospital and nothing if I am admitted.... However, before Obamacare (which I do not need now) my company folded and I had to pay $825 a month with no income and a 5K ded and 10K OOP. I had a CA scare and told me doctor that I would have no more test and if treatment was necessary I would not do it....why? Because I had already lost over half of my retirement savings and if I used the rest up I would loose my home as SS was not enough to pay taxes and insurance etc.... My neighbor had not had insurance for over ten years and was able to get coverage at the great rate of...are you ready...$40 a month! If you are paying such a high price, you must be earning a very good living and able to afford it because the average American does not have to pay that through Obamacare and can get excellent coverage. You think our men and women in uniform are worried....Yep! They now will not have any unemployment because of Republicans...

sisterdox pandyaken January 29 2014 at 11:15 AM

Thank your lucky stars you're able to make those payments. That's almost more than I make a month on my pension.

Lawrence's January 29 2014 at 8:55 AM

Nothing new. His policies are hurting the poor. His policies, leadership, and lack of accountability make him someone without any credibility. Yes, he is the worse President since Carter.

pbgardenpet Lawrence's January 29 2014 at 9:03 AM

He is way ahead of Carter.

rlister05 January 29 2014 at 6:01 AM

for some reason that sounds familiar

scottee January 29 2014 at 8:55 AM

I am sick of politicians living in luxury while pointing a finger at the people.

punnster January 29 2014 at 3:58 AM

Obama said he wanted to help the middle class, but he removed some
of their tax deductions. That essentially raised their income tax.

d.carns punnster January 29 2014 at 4:04 AM

ON everyone

Hello Jerry January 29 2014 at 10:25 AM

One thing I insisted from my 5 kids, "Don't lie to me". I wonder what POTUS kids think about their father being voted the liar of the year.

MIKE January 29 2014 at 8:55 AM

I didn't get to watch the whole speech because I got ill in the first 5 minutes. Watched the pundits afterwards and realized I had already seen that movie.

Deanna MIKE January 29 2014 at 9:12 AM

I didn't watch the first 5 minutes. Knew it was going to be a rebroadcast and I can't stand to look at the man let alone listen to his lies.

sfseltzer January 29 2014 at 8:22 AM

Ho Hum

richie January 29 2014 at 6:47 AM

I don,t think he slept to good last night.