The three quickest ways to microwave eggs

The Three Quickest Ways to Microwave Eggs

Really love eggs but don't have a ton of time to prepare 'em? Here are BuzzFeed's three easy ways to make delicious eggs in a flash.

Two-minute scrambled eggs
Crack two eggs in a mug
Add a splash of milk for fluffiness
Beat
Set for two minutes on high
Voila!

Poached egg
Crack one egg in a mug
Add 1/3 cup of water
Cover with a dish
Set for 50 seconds on high
Burst for 10 seconds if not done
Easy!

The 2.5 minute omelet
Crack 2 eggs in a bowl
Beat
Spread evenly on a greased flat dish
Microwave (covered) for 90 seconds
Stir, then another 60 seconds uncovered
Fold!

Of course microwave power varies, so you may need a little more (or less) time.

Have you ever tried any of these? Tell us if the recipes are all they're cracked up to be in the comments below.

papabudlight February 02 2014 at 3:00 PM

I'll pass.

dickn2000b papabudlight February 02 2014 at 5:08 PM

Pass what? Water? Feces? The dumb test? I'm betting the third choice.

"KC" February 02 2014 at 6:05 PM

I've been microwaving eggs in the microwave since the 70's. I use the number of eggs divided into the number of people or family you serve. For instance 6 egg's will serve 2-3 people. I mix the egg's in a bowl and stir. Then I add ham, butter, velvetta, and spray with Pam( to make the dish easier to clean after) onions, jalapeno's, or whatever you like. Micro on high for 3 minutes, stop and stir. Add an additional minute or so when you see them cooking. Then stir (very important) and add 20-30 seconds until you see them the way you like, soft scramble, medium, or well done. It's fantastic and taste better then any way I've prepared eggs. Don't try any other cheese but velvetta or generic as other cheese's tend to seperate.
"KC" from Kansas City

pyer13 "KC" February 02 2014 at 7:19 PM

Never use an apostrophe when you mean more than one. Egg's means something belongs to the eggs. Sorry, but this drives me nuts. Apostrophes are used to show possession or a contraction like "it's" for "it is". Also don't make the mistake of using "it's" for "belonging to it". I know that's a possessive pronoun, but you don't say hi's or her's, do you?

joynerz pyer13 February 02 2014 at 8:28 PM

..then being retentive you probably won't like the microwave either.

Flag 0 rate up
redaunt47 February 02 2014 at 10:35 AM

I can never microwave eggs on high. They explode every time. My 'wave requires that I cook them low and slow (much like on the stove top) and interrupt the cook time every few seconds lest they burst. And you can't do eggs in the wave without using a pan spray or they stick to whatever cup, vessel mercilessly.

NANCY redaunt47 February 02 2014 at 10:50 AM

you are right i spray the dishh put the egg in and cook a couple minutes nancy

hpycmpr155 February 02 2014 at 10:18 AM

I find this whole thing a sad comment on our society..
That people are in such a hurry that they cannot take the time to cook an egg.
Come on people, slow down.........

Tammy hpycmpr155 February 02 2014 at 11:02 AM

especially when cooking them on the stove is just as fast!

hpycmpr155 Tammy February 02 2014 at 11:13 AM

And they taste better!

Flag 0 rate up
beverlyamy1 hpycmpr155 February 02 2014 at 12:22 PM

perhaps you havent got a life.

HI BEAUTIFUL February 02 2014 at 6:29 PM

This is news??????? Been around forever already !!!

organplyr HI BEAUTIFUL February 02 2014 at 8:46 PM

Maybe it has been around forever, but this is first time I read or hear about cooking eggs in microwave, so even if things are old news to some, it also can be new to others. So chill, and skip if you already know, but allow others to maybe learn something new..

cal3301 February 02 2014 at 10:03 AM

Sorry, nomatter how fast a microwave is, foods taste better when cooked the right way. I have an actual microwave omelet device and in two minutes you have a rubber egg.

hpycmpr155 cal3301 February 02 2014 at 10:07 AM

With you 100%

beverlyamy1 cal3301 February 02 2014 at 12:23 PM

nothing like the bacon-wave.

HI BEAUTIFUL February 02 2014 at 6:30 PM

By the way instead of adding milk, add a little water, much fluffier than with milk for scrambled eggs/omlette. Two minutes too long. little less time for 1000w microwave.

Norma Lee February 02 2014 at 4:42 PM

Umm..it takes me about 75 seconds to scramble beaten eggs with a drop of diluted baking soda in that antique small frying pan n which I have melted a pat of butter..

FelinoFrio February 02 2014 at 9:57 AM

Better to add water than milk for fluffy scrambled eggs or omelets.

chrischev1234 February 02 2014 at 9:51 AM

Try a sunny side up egg in microwave like my kid did. Its easier to buy a new microwave than to clean up the mess.

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal