AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

SOTU: Sometimes the faces in the room tell their own story

While we prepare for this year's state of the union Tuesday night, we're taking a look back at what's made some of them memorable. From Vice President Joe Biden's comical faces to what appeared to be Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano sleeping back in 2010, here's a comical look at the faces in the crowd at the State of the Union address in years past.

More From You

522 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
tundraben January 28 2014 at 11:06 PM

I'm not sure why I'm here, I noticed on AOL the judge sleeping...........are those gloves on his hands?
I was kind of expecting to see the pic better but AOL is AOL, they still don't know what they are doing.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
unoredeye January 28 2014 at 10:41 PM

Why are Aol & NBC showing different versions of the live speach? I don't trust oboma,& damd sure don't trust AOL news,or NBC!!!! Different yies & jackets on Biden & Beoner! check it out!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
unoredeye January 28 2014 at 10:18 PM

Who photo-shoped this presetation& why? Tie colors change as do jackets on biden & baener.What's up with that? AOL or nbc --Both say they are live????

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
brad January 28 2014 at 9:55 PM

The problem I see here is the I don't care about the American Worker/ How much can I make for Me...My point .. A self- proclaimed Star Spangled dooo rag wearer ( whom now is loaded) gets invited to SOTU. Big question how did he get loaded.... on the sweat of Chinese workers not American. Take a stroll down the local wm and look at All of there imported crap. Take the Star Spangled doo rag off. President Obama did not create this environment. He wants to raise the minimum wage shouldn't have to if we stopped importing so much SH!!. If we truly want to be a strong nation again it needs to say MADE IN USA......I bet the dooo rag is made in china.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to brad's comment
OverTheHillsBill January 28 2014 at 10:12 PM

Remember Barrack Ubama when he ran for office used the "HOPE and CHANGE" slogan to get elected and here YOU are (and you voted for him no doubt) complaining about some redneck with a Star Bangled Head Band making it for himself.

Sounds like the Hopie Changie thing didn't work so good for you?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to OverTheHillsBill's comment
brad January 28 2014 at 10:31 PM

Bill It does not matter which side is on the podium.. I take it you are one of the 99%ers as am. What was John going to do for us. You did not get my point( maybe you are a 1%er) ....MADE IN USA is the only way we will get out of this . If your idea of making it for yourself requires the sweat of chinese then by all means move there and make it for your self. Ps take the Star Spangled Head band wearer with you

Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Bill January 28 2014 at 9:45 PM

Yea my mom passed away at 83 and she summed it up perfectly. She said I have been losing my memory for a long time. The old codgers in washington, can't tell me their memories are much better. All they do is sleep and draw a paycheck. She is right, it is time to clean out Washington, with some young fresh minds, not the retired on active duty types that are there now just for big bucks, and kickbacks. Come on America, this is half of this country's problem....Old age in the Power Grabs.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
davepscpo January 28 2014 at 9:45 PM

As we said in the Military: I can neither CONFIRM nor DENY that Obama is the worst Commander in Chief we have ever had.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
tsm212 January 28 2014 at 9:44 PM

your right thomas

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
bandit11996699 January 28 2014 at 9:29 PM

Think I'll pass on this one. Shirley Ellis & I do believe he deserves an ovation though and thought we'd kick it off with "Clap Clap".
"Obama told me, if I was goody, that he would buy me a rubber dolly. My Aunty told him, I kissed a soldier, now he won't buy me, a rubber dolly."

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
tsm212 January 28 2014 at 8:55 PM

WHATS WORST TALIBAN OR THIS

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
2 replies to tsm212's comment
Thomas January 28 2014 at 9:03 PM

obama is far worse than the taliban

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
surferlaments January 28 2014 at 9:05 PM

that is easy.... taliban.

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
bhcarley January 28 2014 at 8:35 PM

I feel sorry for some of the reporters that are forced by their job to sit and listen to all the lies and excuses. I for one do not have to watch or listen so I will not

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down