'Duck Dynasty' star Willie Robertson attends 2014 State of the Union address

By Andrew Tavani

Willie Robertson, son of the controversial 'Duck Dynasty' patriarch Phil Robertson, made a trip to Washington D.C. Tuesday night to watch President Obama's State of the Union address. Robertson was the guest of freshman Rep. Vance McAllister (R- La.) who said in a statement to the media, 'I am proud to have my close friend, constituent and small business owner, Willie Robertson, attend tonight's State of the Union Address as my special guest,' the Los Angeles Times reported.

Republican lawmakers were clamoring to be photographed with Robertson in the hours before Obama's big speech. Associated Press photographers captured Wisc. Rep. Paul Ryan posing for a photo with Robertson. And he was hardly the only one. Above, scroll through the slide show and see photos of various lawmakers Tweeted of themselves standing alongside Robertson.

Duck Dynasty Star Poses with Politicians at State of the Union

sophiem031 January 29 2014 at 10:26 AM

I'll vote for you as president. Sometimes I feel the same way, kinda. I am a conservative Christian woman, but I don't hate gays. One of my good friends is gay(I almost married him) go figure. I am white, but I don't hate blacks. My best friend is a large black woman. I like her a lot. I love her dearly. She is funny and kind and smart and poor. I am married with four kids. She's never married, no kids. She makes me laugh. She is jolly. Sometimes I am too serious. I think, why are people so hateful, cruel. Someone once told me that we do need some diversity in the political parties or our nation will turn into a totalitarian nation. I'm not sure about that. But even as a conservative republican, I think democrats are important to the nation. So are liberals. Different nationalities and cultures can add to our richness.But it feels as though elections aren't being won on true beliefs and principals. It is being won on hatred and media strength. So sad. diversity not hatred. I guess many are threatened out of fear and many believe that if one Christian believes a certain way, then we all must be like that. Each person is an individual, with their own unique set of everything. I love people. All kinds of people. I wish we could get along in our differences.

glucash22 sophiem031 January 29 2014 at 10:42 AM

Do yourself a favor and actually look up the definition of 'liberalism' either on wikipedia or in any encyclopedia. The definition is basically "political philosophy based on ideas of liberty and equality which support ideas of free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade and private property". Are you in favor of the above? Are you in fact a 'liberal' in one way or another too?

markschupp January 29 2014 at 3:51 PM

Gotta love Ducks!

He would have made a much better POTUS than Barrackavitch!

mcmantim January 29 2014 at 2:33 PM

I do not have a problem with Willey, it is all the crooked bumbling Politicians in both the Republican and Democratic parties that I think need to get shown the door to unemployment. They have ruined a lot of what was good in the United States of America. Their need to one up each other and hold us the voting public hostage should be illegal. It is not just the president who is not getting the job done it has more to do with the so called leaders of each party that threaten their own party members with taking the party endorsement away from them during their next election cycle if they dare compromise with the other party to solve a problem for the country. We would be much better off if we could wipe them all out of office and elect new people who will listen to us the public that they are supposed to be representing.

hagman3926 mcmantim January 29 2014 at 2:39 PM

and the lgtg

twomtnesters mcmantim January 29 2014 at 3:00 PM

AMEN! Of the people, by the people, for the people.

dllegendz January 29 2014 at 9:09 AM

Good for him. I support freedon of speech over anything else

coecoe1 January 29 2014 at 8:49 AM

Jesus came not to bring peace but to preach the Truth. Even Pontius Pilot realized it.

Adopt a Pet January 29 2014 at 9:30 AM

You know he is a college graduate don't you?

red65malibuss Adopt a Pet January 29 2014 at 9:36 AM

Don't say college around a lib, his head might explode. Usually takes them 6-7 yrs to get thru high school.

Darling Husband red65malibuss January 30 2014 at 12:06 AM

Stereotype everyone with whom you disagree that'll show 'em. That'll bring the Country back together.

Flag 0 rate up
lsutton404 January 29 2014 at 12:13 PM

so much hate from all sides,the divide and conquer tatics have worked,we are more divided than ever,so where does this end,our country as a whole is falling apart,no compromise in site,everyones so mean,everyone is going to end up with less not more because of this,selffishness is our demise,people sit at home and rant on thier computors,just wait till the goverment takes control of the internet,then everyone that does nothing but sit on their lazy do nothing ranting ass will wonder what the hell happened

shar January 29 2014 at 8:50 AM

The "Face" of the Republican Party is Willie from Duck Dynasty? AND he know how to Dress Properly...he not a real Hill-Jack. It's all an act and he's racking in the bucks.

usapaydirt shar January 29 2014 at 9:15 AM

And he doesn't need big daddy Government's overreach to succeed. Truth be known, Willie likely has more fans than Obama at this point.....

boyle1034 January 29 2014 at 5:34 AM

Duck dough, Hell no.

lbabygail January 29 2014 at 9:27 AM

I usually refrain from commenting here but come on folks! Media paints this picture exactly the way they think will bring out the most attention. Personally, I support the values of Duck Dynasty. However.. leaving that aside for the moment.. How hypocritical do you have to be to put down, and use derogatory commentary against them for the expression of their Christian faith while you sit there whining about equal rights and acceptance for "Everyone"... and by everyone.. unfortunately you mean the gay community. For the love .. Get a grip. As for the VETERAN in Obama's box... You don't think that was a strategic move to gain a thumbs up? I know many veterans... My son being one of them... and if NOT ORDERED to do so.. would NEVER be in Obama's box in support. This is America.. we have a RIGHT to our opinions but stop being hypocritical. I find it strange those whining the loudest about fair treatment are the ones unwilling to treat those with conservative values with the same respect they claim they desire. State of the Union.... NEWSFLASH... things are tough... Republican.. Democrat.. whatever... Stop back biting . A house divided cannot stand... stop playing the blame game. I love this country.... It saddens me to see her struggling and her people too blind to stop her downward spiral. May God Have mercy on Her.... and her people.