'Duck Dynasty' star Willie Robertson attends 2014 State of the Union address

By Andrew Tavani

Willie Robertson, son of the controversial 'Duck Dynasty' patriarch Phil Robertson, made a trip to Washington D.C. Tuesday night to watch President Obama's State of the Union address. Robertson was the guest of freshman Rep. Vance McAllister (R- La.) who said in a statement to the media, 'I am proud to have my close friend, constituent and small business owner, Willie Robertson, attend tonight's State of the Union Address as my special guest,' the Los Angeles Times reported.

Republican lawmakers were clamoring to be photographed with Robertson in the hours before Obama's big speech. Associated Press photographers captured Wisc. Rep. Paul Ryan posing for a photo with Robertson. And he was hardly the only one. Above, scroll through the slide show and see photos of various lawmakers Tweeted of themselves standing alongside Robertson.

Duck Dynasty Star Poses with Politicians at State of the Union

denniswpb January 29 2014 at 11:21 AM

I got a chance to meet Willie and spend a little time with him this past year. What you see is what you get, love it or hate it. Personally, I don't get into the show, but Willie was a true gentleman and brings a good family message.
The only issue I have is for ANYONE to be wearing our flag as an article of clothing. I am a retired veteran and I didn't serve my country to have people wear clothing made from the flag that I defended with my life. People probably don't realize that's pretty offensive to any military vet, but we just don't make a big deal of it because part of serving is to defend the freedom to do just that.

sophiem031 January 29 2014 at 10:26 AM

I'll vote for you as president. Sometimes I feel the same way, kinda. I am a conservative Christian woman, but I don't hate gays. One of my good friends is gay(I almost married him) go figure. I am white, but I don't hate blacks. My best friend is a large black woman. I like her a lot. I love her dearly. She is funny and kind and smart and poor. I am married with four kids. She's never married, no kids. She makes me laugh. She is jolly. Sometimes I am too serious. I think, why are people so hateful, cruel. Someone once told me that we do need some diversity in the political parties or our nation will turn into a totalitarian nation. I'm not sure about that. But even as a conservative republican, I think democrats are important to the nation. So are liberals. Different nationalities and cultures can add to our richness.But it feels as though elections aren't being won on true beliefs and principals. It is being won on hatred and media strength. So sad. diversity not hatred. I guess many are threatened out of fear and many believe that if one Christian believes a certain way, then we all must be like that. Each person is an individual, with their own unique set of everything. I love people. All kinds of people. I wish we could get along in our differences.

glucash22 sophiem031 January 29 2014 at 10:42 AM

Do yourself a favor and actually look up the definition of 'liberalism' either on wikipedia or in any encyclopedia. The definition is basically "political philosophy based on ideas of liberty and equality which support ideas of free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade and private property". Are you in favor of the above? Are you in fact a 'liberal' in one way or another too?

Olguita January 29 2014 at 9:30 AM

You know he is a college graduate don't you?

red65malibuss Olguita January 29 2014 at 9:36 AM

Don't say college around a lib, his head might explode. Usually takes them 6-7 yrs to get thru high school.

Darling Husband red65malibuss January 30 2014 at 12:06 AM

Stereotype everyone with whom you disagree that'll show 'em. That'll bring the Country back together.

Flag 0 rate up
coecoe1 January 29 2014 at 8:49 AM

Jesus came not to bring peace but to preach the Truth. Even Pontius Pilot realized it.

sandima10 January 29 2014 at 6:09 AM

Tasteless........

Pete January 29 2014 at 9:40 AM

Oh! the beauty of truth! They clamor for the bearded duck, while the impeccable quackless duck basks in forced applause and fetid quacks from the media and port-siders.

Darling Husband Pete January 30 2014 at 12:10 AM

And Pete, because of that all seeing acorn on his head, knows all truth and is willing to share it with you all if you will just sit down, shut up and listen.

dchapman48 January 29 2014 at 2:49 PM

At just the time that it would be important for all Americans to come together, some choose to wave the flags of division, and take joy in that. As China and Europe build their bullet trains and futuristic new cities, we continue to fight these stupid fights; and deny our country a competitive edge. Remember the addage " a divided house cannot stand." What a shame!

gmasterman dchapman48 January 29 2014 at 3:05 PM

You are so right! The left needs to do what's legal and best for ALL Americans instead of trying to buy votes with social programs they expect someone else to pay for

Ron gmasterman January 29 2014 at 4:08 PM

So instead of "come together" you believe in "divide and conquer"? Can't stand that this is a democratic society and you lost the election so now you're going to try the route of demonizing everyone who doesn't agree with you? What country do you live in, you un-American?

Flag 0 rate up
jyates1936 January 29 2014 at 11:46 AM

If homosexuality is normal why are we having this discussion here? Just asking.

markschupp January 29 2014 at 3:51 PM

Gotta love Ducks!

He would have made a much better POTUS than Barrackavitch!

dllegendz January 29 2014 at 9:09 AM

Good for him. I support freedon of speech over anything else

World Series