People still haven't cooled off from Beyonce and Jay Z's steamy Grammys performance

Producers of the 56th Annual Grammy Awards Show knew just how to get viewers attention: Open the show with a sultry performance by the music industry's most celebrated tandem. Beyonce and Jay Z got things started on Sunday night with a sizzling rendition of 'Drunk In Love,' the first time the song has been performed live, the New York Daily News reports. And it's still the talk of the Internet nearly 24 hours later. Much of the unforgettable performance involved Beyonce and a very lucky chair, which she proceeded to writhe on while engulfed in steam. When her husband joined her, The Washington Post's Lavanya Ramanathan points out that the couple made marriage 'look sexy.' Viewers 'got a peek at the chemistry between Bey and Jay, married couple,' Ramanathan observed.

But not everyone was mesmerized with the performance. The Daily Mail notes that the scorching duet kicked off the Grammys telecast at 8 p.m., and some parents who were watching were none-too-pleased. The Mail rounded up a smattering of Twitter posts from parents, some of whom thought the act was a little too adult for children's eyes.

What did you think? Sexy and fun, or too much for prime-time? Tell us in comments below.

maggie.inn March 10 2014 at 12:45 PM

I too think she and her husband are very talented, however money and the ego seem to color nice peoples good judgement. They are young and have not had enough experience with everyday life relating raising children. They certainly do not live in a 3 bedroom home with a family room where all members are huddled around the TV for an evenings entertainment. I venture to guess that they do not relate to a large portion of their fan base who live in the real world, people who are just working hard to raise children with a good set of health values. Sex ed is not be conducted at 8:00 PM on public board casting. The station that aired is equally to blame. I guess the only answer is to record first and review it before we let our children watch it. As if we all did not have enough hassle in our lives. Well - enough said, take care everyone.

cwindom953 maggie.inn March 12 2014 at 7:53 PM

and the parents that sat there and let their kids watch it are just as responsible, actually they are more responsible. If a parent does want their kids to watch something or if something offends all the need to do is pick up the remote and change the channel Noone is forcing anyone to watch anything and if a person is going to sit there and watch something that offends them, that is their choice, and it doesn't give anyone the right to contact the government and try and dictate what everyone elses is allowed to see or hear. I'm 100% against censorship, especially if its cause is someone being offended by something ridiculous and avoidable. Would be alot of effective to just change the channel

Foxy Lady maggie.inn March 16 2014 at 4:38 AM

Well put.

jford0909 February 26 2014 at 11:43 AM

Much to much for mainstream T.V. There is a place and time for adults. My family likes to enjoy television together...and, this was not the program to enjoy a award show with my kids. Has everyone forgotten that it's an award show and not a strip club?

Fritzner Quetant jford0909 March 14 2014 at 5:50 PM

Give me a break!!!

Janeyre February 11 2014 at 9:18 PM

There is such a thing, called the remote. Use it... I did... I wasn't so concerned with their act. I didn't want to view her butt. That outfit, was just too much, again... People, you have a choice, you can set there and complain. Or you can, use the remote...

Patty February 11 2014 at 7:03 PM

To sexy for Prime Time TV.

jmeg510 February 11 2014 at 5:54 PM

I'm fine with the fact that it was included in the show, I just think it should have appeared later in the program, when young children were less likely to be watching. In my view it was really not appropriate for pre-teens. The last thing we need is more sexualization of our kids.

Birgit February 11 2014 at 3:03 PM

I wouldn't have watched, but my husband did so I hang in there for a while. I hate these award shows where the industry congratulates itself and snubs those who truly deserve. It was billed as family show - really??? Wouldn't have let my little ones watch if I still had any around the house. I can't figure out why sex sells everything to so many. Not me.

Chadian February 10 2014 at 9:53 PM

The performance was steamy but very boring. The thing I like most about Bey is her energy and stage presence...just sliding around in chair wearing a thong and really odd top doesn't really do it for me.

DCD February 08 2014 at 7:29 PM

I can't believe this many imbeciles respond to this article!

jadedv1992 DCD February 10 2014 at 9:12 PM

You're one of them too... Haha

D-CYDE January 28 2014 at 3:20 PM

Beyonce Mission: Do a naughty performance on the Grammys that will have everyone talking. Then watch as the online SHEEP become promo putty in her hands. Also watch as the SHEEP throw the President and First Lady into the discussion so that anyone who didn't know beforehand how close they all are...WILL KNOW. (Glances at the AOL comment section) MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !

gladnet4me January 28 2014 at 12:02 PM

too sexy for prime time TV. this performance should have been in their bedroom. Not good for family TV. Should have been
x rated.