Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award: The Beatles

On Saturday ahead of the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, Ringo Starr (and Paul McCartney who was out rehearsing for the awards show) received the Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of bar-none one of the most important bands of all time: The Beatles. "I'm getting the dinosaur award," Starr exclaimed to fellow Lifetime Achievement Award winner Kris Kristofferson. Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison were also on the stage accepting the honor for their late husbands, John Lennon and George Harrison respectively.

In honor of Ringo and Paul reuniting for a rare performance together at the Grammy Awards tonight, take a look at the Fab Four throughout their career that spurred the British Invasion, Beatlemania and endless hours of incredible music:

Anne January 26 2014 at 2:16 PM

It's been a long time coming...But I can't think of another group that changed music history like the Beatles...As their music evolved so did we as people...as a teen in the 60's and 70's...It was always what would the Beatles do next...The memory of seeing them the first time on TV and then live in concert...No other group made you feel the way they made you feel...And the message they gave was always about peace and love...Positive thinking so few groups today can relate...Thank you Beatles for giving us a happy memory when at times happiness was hard to find...

poll100 Anne January 26 2014 at 2:44 PM

I was 16 when they appeared on Ed Sullivan show, the next day after school $5.00 in hand I bought their album.

Gary1212 Anne January 26 2014 at 2:52 PM

When I die I told my wife to play 3 or 4 Beatles songs in my honor just before the plant me.....lol

liondog96 January 26 2014 at 3:20 PM

You mean it's not going to Jay Z? LOL.

blueeyessing January 26 2014 at 3:21 PM

"On Saturday ahead of the 56th Annual Grammy Awards"

******************

And why wasn't this done in prime time during the show? They could have pulled a couple of singing acts to honor them. Will the footage be shown? Congratulations to The Beatles !!!

vietnam !!!!!!!! January 26 2014 at 8:27 PM

THE BEST AND THE MOST IMPORTANT BAND EVER TO INVADE THE USA AND THE REST OF THIS WORLD.
THANK YOU,JOHN, PAUL GEORGE AND RINGO FOR MAKING THIS WORLD

furia001 vietnam !!!!!!!! January 26 2014 at 9:19 PM

WRONG!!! THE BRITISH INVASION, CONSIST OF A BUNCH OF BANDS. ON THE COVER OF SGT PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND, THE SGT PEPPERS BAND, ACKNOWLEDGES THE ROLLING STONES AS THE SUCCESSORS. AND AFTER THAT, START COUNTING HOW MANY OTHER BANDS CAME FROM GREAT BRITISH. ANYWAY, IN THE BATTLEFIELDS,THERE IS NO MUSIC.

trsha4au January 26 2014 at 3:33 PM

The Beatles music really IS "the soundtrack of my life"!

logst2 January 26 2014 at 3:40 PM

Those were my years of great fame also...I was in The War. Good music and bad drugs. Same as today some things don't change . A person gets wiser or they don't survive.

smd723 January 26 2014 at 8:23 PM

Yay! The Beatles were with me throughout my teeneage years..............."With Love From Me To You", Beatles!!

hopelives123 January 26 2014 at 8:23 PM

No one who was not here then could possibly know how boring and
mandane life had become back then until these young men from
England lit the spark and made life exciting again..
It was the beginning of an era. Seems pure by todays standards.~!

tcoletto January 26 2014 at 3:52 PM

interestingly enough, Ringo had the #1 single 40 years ago today - You're Sixteen. and Paul and Linda were part of the recording.

Jack January 26 2014 at 3:59 PM

The Beatles were 'da bomb!' in their day. They sounded so good and were so 'tight'. I was a bit young (11) when they landed in USA in early '64. But by '65 I was 'Beatlized.' "Rubber Soul" came out in late '65 and then "Yesterday And Today" and "Revolver" in early & mid '66. You were waiting for the next album with great anticipation because it was sure to be something new & different. Thanks for the memories. Lads!