Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award: The Beatles

On Saturday ahead of the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, Ringo Starr (and Paul McCartney who was out rehearsing for the awards show) received the Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of bar-none one of the most important bands of all time: The Beatles. "I'm getting the dinosaur award," Starr exclaimed to fellow Lifetime Achievement Award winner Kris Kristofferson. Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison were also on the stage accepting the honor for their late husbands, John Lennon and George Harrison respectively.

In honor of Ringo and Paul reuniting for a rare performance together at the Grammy Awards tonight, take a look at the Fab Four throughout their career that spurred the British Invasion, Beatlemania and endless hours of incredible music:

anitajk842 January 26 2014 at 2:25 PM

hey thanks, that was nice to see the beatles I was and stilll am . In love with them, I am a Brit
and they are in my time. It changed everything after world 2. Fancy that.

trsha4au January 26 2014 at 3:33 PM

The Beatles music really IS "the soundtrack of my life"!

logst2 January 26 2014 at 3:40 PM

Those were my years of great fame also...I was in The War. Good music and bad drugs. Same as today some things don't change . A person gets wiser or they don't survive.

tcoletto January 26 2014 at 3:52 PM

interestingly enough, Ringo had the #1 single 40 years ago today - You're Sixteen. and Paul and Linda were part of the recording.

Jack January 26 2014 at 3:59 PM

The Beatles were 'da bomb!' in their day. They sounded so good and were so 'tight'. I was a bit young (11) when they landed in USA in early '64. But by '65 I was 'Beatlized.' "Rubber Soul" came out in late '65 and then "Yesterday And Today" and "Revolver" in early & mid '66. You were waiting for the next album with great anticipation because it was sure to be something new & different. Thanks for the memories. Lads!

thescottherald January 26 2014 at 4:00 PM

Wish John was alive for this!

thescottherald January 26 2014 at 4:01 PM

Likewise, George.

wntc January 26 2014 at 4:12 PM

I love Beatles when I was in high school in VN, and I miss a lot with Beatle songs...!

morine44 January 26 2014 at 4:18 PM

Congratulations to the Beatles for their long-deserved Lifetime Achievement Award.

Amazing facts: The Stones got the same award in 1986! The Beach Boys received it in 2001! Led Zep in 2005!! Cream in 2006!!! The Doors in 2007.The Ramones in 2011!!!! And now, FINALLY, in 2014, it's the Beatles' turn.

It's a crazy world, and a damn travesty that it took so long.

sunshinelin8 January 26 2014 at 4:20 PM

Their endless creativity will always blow me away..........

furia001 sunshinelin8 January 26 2014 at 4:59 PM

read more, and investigate. same effect is going to have on you,if your mind is open. maybe you may define creativity then,