Best and worst dressed at the 2014 Grammy Awards
The Grammy Awards are the perfect reason to bring music's biggest stars together in one place for one incredible night -- and the 2014 show did not let us down! The stars sparkled on the red carpet, wearing some seriously amazing gowns.
- We're in love with Rita's shimmering Lanvin dress -- so perfect for tonight!
- Wait, Madonna. Madge. What is going on here?
- Taylor shimmered in this chainmail-esque Gucci gown -- it was a little edgy, but a lot stunning.
- Queen Bey, looking as flawless as EVER in Michael Costello.
- Paula, Paula, Paula. We're glad the crazy ruffles are gone, but we're afraid she's continuing a not-great red carpet streak.
- This Valentino gown (which went down the runway, um, 4 days ago?) isn't just perfect for the Grammys, but perfect for Katy. So pretty!
*yawn* This dress does nothing for Natasha.
- Wait, Julia, why couldn't you wear this dress to the other shows so far this awards season?! We're in love with this short, sparkly Elie Saab dress!
- Ariana is so talented, we just wish she'd mix it up a tad on the red carpet. Seems we see the same thing from her show after show!
- Chrissy Teigen was absolutely stunning in this sparkling strapless gown by Johanna Johnson.
- This dress just isn't flattering for Ashanti. We also wish she'd picked different shoes -- losing the ankle strap would really elongate her legs!
- We LOVED Giuliana's jumpsuit she wore for the pre-red carpet show. How amazing are the sheer pant legs?
- Yes, there IS such thing as a slit that's too high. (Case and point.)
- Anna brought her A-game tonight! So sultry in an Azzaro gown.
- The color of this dress just blended right into Kacey's skin tone...
- Sarah Hyland's Emilio Pucci dress was flirty, feminine, and chic.
- Wait, WHAT is going on here?
- Sara's Blumarine dress was just the right mix of feminine and quirky.
- Too much going on -- stripes, sheer, embellishments, patterns, turtleneck? Nope.
- We love this duo, and they're always wearing fun, colorful suits!
- Wait, no. Leather gone wrong.
- Um, stunning. And look at her baby bump! Ciara looked lovely in Emilio Pucci.
We noticed that many stars chose to go more for a glam look this year rather than daring, but we loved it. Taylor Swift's Gucci Premiere gown was gorgeous, and Beyonce was a vision in a sheer, white cut-out creation. While many stars hit it out of the park, there were a few who... hit the mark. Unfortunately, Madonna was in the miss territory.
Click through the gallery above to see tonight's best and worst dressed!