Top 3 unexpected animal surprises of the week

Top 3 Animal Surprises Of The Week

Our No. 3 spot goes to a bear who stumbled upon a California residence and shocked an elderly couple visiting from Scotland.

'Bob and Irene McKeown were visiting relatives in Pasadena, California and didn't seem to notice there was a bear standing just a few feet away.'

Irene made it safely to the car, but Bob noticed the bear and ran back to the house.

'I felt something brush against my leg,' Bob said. 'I thought I left the dog in the house, so it shouldn't be here. Once I shut the door, I turned around and I shout "it's a bear, it's a bear!'

Luckily, the bear only slightly scratched Bob, who made it safely inside. Now, the couple has quite the story to bring back overseas.

Our No. 2 spot goes to this pod of about 12 dolphins who crashed a surfing competition and stole the show.

'That's a pod of dolphins surfing right along with the competitors,' WOLO reported. 'This tandem ride drew in a big applause from the crowd. What a beautiful sight. Very cool!'

The dolphins made their cameo at the 2014 Rincon Classic surfing competition, and we give their ride a perfect 10.

And in our No. 1 spot, we have the cutest animal surprise of the week. Meet Sherlock the dog and his owner. Staff Sergeant Tyler Bigler came home after being deployed and quickly realized that his pooch really, really missed him.

Sherlock hadn't seen Bigler - who was returning from deployment in Southeast Asia - in six months.

riverflow 39 January 26 2014 at 6:46 PM

it never fails to touch my heart when i see a dog showing so much love to his owner and the happiness he feels after not seeing him for a long while. god bless them both IF everyone would react to someone they love we would all be able to say WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD....

John Jessica January 26 2014 at 5:32 PM

It's so great to see some soft news and animals are usually a safe bet.

doll January 26 2014 at 3:50 PM

AWESOME just seeing the dolfins getting in on the action!!! The dolfins say "HEY THIS IS OUT TURF AND WE'RE JOING IN!!". loved it. tc

rmiller904 January 26 2014 at 3:04 PM

Dolphins sure win, all dogs miss there loved ones and strangers when they come home, the bear was super cool just hope they dont have him removed just because he came there.

mouse January 26 2014 at 1:09 PM

The dolphins deserved first place. Although I appreciate his owner's service the dog did what all good dogs do.

flamsnowmobile January 26 2014 at 10:09 AM

if a bear came just a few feet away from me, i don't know what i would do. i do like animal's but a bear isn't a house pet. i am glad that the man is okay. and they are going to have a story to take back to Scotland to share with their family.

nuttberry flamsnowmobile January 26 2014 at 11:18 AM

You like animal's what?

lthrnck68 January 26 2014 at 7:52 AM

Bet there's a pretty decent5 song in that dolphin surfing.

Joan January 26 2014 at 8:40 AM

Aren't pets just the best???

gomez Joan January 26 2014 at 8:55 AM

Yes, they are. My dog waits for me every morning when I come back from work.

DaltonCooper January 26 2014 at 7:25 AM

What about the dog that stayed with its owner all night, in the woods, while she forze to death.
Perhaps they questions that one same as I did...................how did they know they dog barked all night unless someone heard it and if someone heard it why did they not check to see why the dog would continue to bark....................sounds just a little "fishy" to me but I hope no-one would tell such a story unless it was true..................perhaps their grief.................anyone got any thoughts about this or know anything about it?

crazy ray January 26 2014 at 11:40 AM

Th worst part of these videos is the spastic women who can't seem to get the motion of their bodies under control when they talk. Did someone tell them to look epileptic or what?

World Series