AOL trends on Twitter

Having email problems today? You are not alone! Still, so many Twitter users were singing the praises of their AOL Mail accounts (or hunting down their old AOL passwords) that AOL was trending on Twitter today!

Check out what people are saying on Twitter and follow @AOL on Twitter for more!

principal03 January 24 2014 at 11:51 PM

I have to agree with a lot of previous comments. I have been with aol for the simple reason is that it works. It's reliable and easy for people to remember your address. LIke everyone else, I use other mail too, but my main go to is AOL.
I also have to agree with many in that I cannot stand Huffington. It's so far to the left that it's pretty much worthless info. There is no semblance of neutrality as far as politics is concerned.
I know you can just ignore it and go to news from another source, but it would be nice if you didn't have to leave AOL to do that.

eegg447 principal03 January 25 2014 at 12:00 AM

Actually, p03, you don't have to leave AOL to get news from sources other than HuffPo.
While there's still a lot of Huff-'n-Puff left-leaning news there, AOL has made it possible to select news from other sources. Below the main/large slide-show of stories on your AOL main/home page, there's a drop-down menu that offers various/alternative sources of news -- including Fox, but there are others, too.
Check it out. You might be plesantly surprised.

principal03 eegg447 January 25 2014 at 1:39 AM

I did and I am. Thanks eegg

Flag 0 rate up
Vinny principal03 January 25 2014 at 12:21 AM

Just as bad as Fox or Fake News, eh ?

Roger Collins January 25 2014 at 12:25 AM

AOL,
We've been together since 1994 and our relationship is still strong!

Bob Baldwin..... January 25 2014 at 12:26 AM

I've had issues with AOL...like too much spam and not being able to block some emails, but I've also had them since 1994, so I'm entitled to complain. They all got issues.

Christopher Gaines Bob Baldwin..... January 25 2014 at 12:35 AM

Since 1997

Merle January 25 2014 at 7:49 AM

I have told AOL that if I had to deal with Huff&puff post for news and have to wait for the commercials to quit and the page to stop popping up and down snd shake all over I would quit AOL.
Oh well I guess the guys with the money out rank me because it has only gotten worse.
Another thing that drives me crazy is
the fact that every time there is an up grade it wrecks a lot of other stuff and sometimes takes days for them to make the changes to the changes. It's time they listened to us, the people that give them the money.

hosereal3 January 25 2014 at 7:47 AM

Been with AOL since the beginning! One problem I find -lately with the HuffPuff blogging is being coersed into signing up-on FaceBook-to post commentary-

Leo hosereal3 January 25 2014 at 7:53 AM

Exactly how I feel. What does face book have to do with it?

Drivy19 Leo January 25 2014 at 8:51 AM

..Easy enough to answer, they're "in bed" with each other....

Vietnam Combat Veteran 7/66-11/71

Flag +1 rate up
newsrev9 January 25 2014 at 7:46 AM

Readers should be able to leave comments, indicate favorites, etc. without a Facebook page, cell phone number, etc. If the publisher wishes to make online dialog more civil, then intelligent monitoring of comments is acceptable. Keeping the new requirements means losing this reader. I will not give out my private cell phone number, and I refuse to provide more personally identifiable information to post comments than is required to vote in US elections!

Matt January 25 2014 at 7:45 AM

I got on AOL in the mid 80s when it was a bulletin board in competition with compuserve. Never changed. Very few problems in almost 30 years. I think I will just stay with it.

fraubarber January 25 2014 at 12:31 AM

Over 20 years...still works for me...Thanks AOL:)

Kathleen January 25 2014 at 12:31 AM

I think twitter should be confined to 12 year olds. Does anyone care about the last time Tiffany went to the mall and what she bought?

E WARSAW January 25 2014 at 12:33 AM

The only thing I miss about AOL are the old PROFILES. The one difference between AOL and others (promised by AOL) was our profile. Simple to maintain, simple to use. A little less flash bank bombadier ads and a little tighter screen arraingement, and I would pay a monthly fee to AOL. It has always been worth it.

used897 E WARSAW January 25 2014 at 12:49 AM

I agree, they need to return to some of the old AOL especially the Profiles.