Study: Women gain weight while in relationships

Study: Women Gain Weight While In Relationships

According to 'Fox & Friends,' 'a new study shows that 43 percent of women gain seven pounds in the first year of a new relationship. Women tend to eat more when they're happy, which leads to the weight gain.'

But for men, relationships lead to opposite results, with 39% reporting a 4-lb. loss in that first year.

According to KOVR, 'men ... tend to lose weight when they have a new girlfriend, with 39% shedding four pounds. The majority of women say they were the thinnest when they were single, but also, less happy.'

Of all men polled, 45% told researchers their weight loss stemmed from their partner's approach to healthier eating and 30 percent said their other half actually put them on a diet.

An online pharmacy in Great Britain conducted the study, and Daily Mail reports that a spokesperson for the company had a message for women in relationships:

'As long as you're a healthy weight though, this shouldn't be anything to worry about -- happiness can give you a health boost, and is probably more important than squeezing in your jeans.'

Amen to that.

nevadan99 January 24 2014 at 10:58 AM

I don't know who comes up with BS, but they seem to have a lot of time and money to study BS.

tizzmine January 24 2014 at 9:43 AM

WOMEN WANT CONTROL.....OF EVERYTHING
AND FAT IS ABOUT SELFISHNESS......

Rodney tizzmine January 24 2014 at 11:12 AM

It is also about being slothy, over eating, lazy, anal retentive, and oh, yeah FAT! Disgusting.

Master Rod

endmillll January 24 2014 at 10:53 AM

yes your right when your going with them they stay slim and trim then after you say i do then they let it go too hell..

Carole Ann endmillll January 24 2014 at 12:57 PM

I had a husband who treated me like a queen when we dated and almost immediately after the wedding he didn't even treat me as an equal. He made all the decisions, never helped around the house, would verbally abuse me. So it works both ways. People change after marriage. Some get fat, some get mean and some love each other no matter how they look. It took me almost 10 years to leave him. I remarried years later to a wonderful man. The first husband's second marriage didn't last 3 years. He'll never learn.

gdelossantos13 January 23 2014 at 2:17 PM

PLADOW!!!

Ashley January 24 2014 at 12:03 PM

I agree that some women gain weight while in relationships, my husband and I both gained 4 or 5lbs after getting married, years later he has only gained 4lbs as for me I had my dear son and never lost all the weight but im not sure its about being lazy I think when men or women are
Single they do more to stay in shape to keep the opposite sex interested but when you get in a relationship you feel more comfortable and don't feel obligated to do as much as before
because you have already snagged your man/woman. But that's true with more than just weight I don't think anyone does as much to impress their someone special after they r in a official relationship, whether its their body, their attitude, date night how they dress man or woman its just how it is it doesn't mean you care less.

anna sanitate January 24 2014 at 10:49 AM

Totally untrue! I've never gained weight in a relationship including my first, 2, 3…year of marriage. Btw, I will be married 16 years in May and the only time I did gain weight was during my pregnancy.

hdgoose January 24 2014 at 10:48 AM

Wait until they are married; then women gain like another 50 lbs.

jea509 January 24 2014 at 10:34 AM

this is nothing new. the women does not feel that after they got there man. this is old news!

Carole Ann jea509 January 24 2014 at 12:58 PM

Learn grammar and learn to spell and maybe some intelligent woman will take you seriously.

nobama101150 Carole Ann January 24 2014 at 3:19 PM

And what exactly do you bring to the table that we can`t buy and walk away from and not have to put up with all the bull crap in between

Flag 0 rate up
msd7733 January 24 2014 at 10:20 AM

Not always true , when you start to pick up after more than yourself you get more exercise.

socraticknight January 24 2014 at 9:48 AM

7 pounds! that's it? people act like the sky is falling from just a few added pounds?

with women unnecessarily loosing weight to look skinny for their man, it is up to the man to get their woman to look normal and more attractive.

FAT IS PHAT! STACKED AND PACKED! lol seriously

EEP!

when wifey was pregnant, her already large boobs grew even larger, and finally she grew a butt. after having baby "monstro", aka salivo (salivator), or chee-eh-tahs (spanish slang for crybaby), she desperately tried to loose all that precious softness. I, on the other hand, vehemently objected. her light diet and exercising was in vain due to my loving (more like lusting) attitude for her cheekiness in the face and in the..... lol how dare she loose that junk in her trunk, because of what other men and women might think of the weight gain; for one man's junk is another man's (MINE!!!) treasure. EEP!!

my devious, and lustful, plan was to add bodybuilder's weight gain powder to her nestle' quick chocolate drink, and pass it on as vitamin-rich ovaltine. the 5 pound weight gain shown at the ob/gyn office's scale was her horror, but my glee. when chunk-monkey buxom 5'2" 19 year old wifey saw me smiling at the news of her 140 pound weight, she yelled and cussed at me. the nurse said she knows of men who like voluptuous women. after admitting the loving (lustful) plan of a desperate man, she hit me, and done near knocked my block off! jk she just punch the shoulder. she said I should enjoy her weight for the time being, until she loses it. I was a maniac in bed for the next few weeks. wifey was "two cough hot!" lol

when in college again, a while after the divorce with 27 year old wifey, I met some young female psychics. they supposedly can see compatibility between two people sitting near each other while looking at their auras. when a somewhat slim blonde female student sat next to me, they immediately coughed twice and said, "no good! (cough cough) too much sex! (cough cough) won't be able to leave house! (cough cough)." that is what is meant by two-cough-hot, or disgustingly lustful.

the other girl who sat next to me after the blonde left, cried because the psychics were laughing. they said not to worry, because there was lots of laughter in the potential relationship. a buxom blonde sat down near me as well, and the psychics saw pretty colors and a good relationship.

Carissabomb at 30 seconds into the video. lol

Rodney socraticknight January 24 2014 at 11:10 AM

You need help dude! Estas Loco.....

Master Rod

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal