Charlie Sheen is 'Tonight Show's' most-canceled guest

Charlie Sheen Is 'Tonight Show's' Most-Canceled Guest

Charlie Sheen dropped by 'The Tonight Show' and said it was incredibly sad. The visit was his last time on the show with Jay Leno.

The two reminisced about Charlie's first appearance on the show back in 1993 -- and Jay called him one of the show's favorite guests. But he's also the guest who's canceled on the show the most.

JAY: 'Charlie would call at the last minute, and I think you had ...'
CHARLIE: 'Wow, I'm being outed.'
JAY: 'You had your wisdom teeth pulled four times!'
CHARLIE: 'I know. That would mean...'
JAY: 'Well, that was the fun part, because you would call and someone would go, 'He's ... he's having his wisdom teeth pulled again.'

Charlie also recalled a time he staged a car accident and sent Jay a picture to cancel. Most the cancellations were because Charlie partied too hard to show up. Jay said he had to thank Charlie, though -- because without him, Jay couldn't have made so many jokes about the actor in his monologues. They then played a montage of jokes from over the years.

There are even more big guests set for Leno's final shows over the next couple of weeks. Leno's last few episodes will include visits from Betty White, Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Blake Shelton and Charles Barkley.

His final guest will be the same as his first when he took over the show back in 1992, Billy Crystal.

jacklyncatena January 23 2014 at 4:41 PM

Really gonna miss Leno! Guess I'll just go to bed after the news. Fallon's okay but he's no Jay Leno. So sad....

captj1 jacklyncatena January 23 2014 at 5:39 PM

yeah hes much funnier than Leno

Craig Millison jacklyncatena January 23 2014 at 7:29 PM

That was a great statement well said my friend. jay was funny and I looked forward to the news of the day!

hi shoobie January 23 2014 at 1:22 PM

People need to respect Charlie Sheen. He does not hide who he is or anything that he has done in his life. He accepts the consequences for his actions and atones for his mistakes. He does not hide behiind his fame or his money nor does he pretend to be anything but what he is . A human being that makes mistakes just like the rest of us.

Craig Millison January 23 2014 at 7:23 PM

I will never watch late night once Jay is forced out for the second time. I like the person who is taking over, but Jay represents the baby boomers and the generation before the boomers. I respect the way Jay Leno is leaving and helping the kid out, but come on they both could have stayed. I hope Jay Leno goes to another network takes a year off and then kicks their rear end .

oldsub571 Craig Millison January 24 2014 at 12:42 AM

TV can't afford Leno.
Two of them . . . NEVER in a million years.
I'm hoping Leno shows up on Cable . . .

donnafiveo Craig Millison January 24 2014 at 1:50 AM

Well said Craig ! Second time around !

myownpov January 23 2014 at 1:24 PM

Charlie Sheen has become America's loveable Rogue and "it's only Charlie'' show business's only allowable *****-master.

brenrs2 January 23 2014 at 1:26 PM

I luv Charlie :)

Joan Lester January 23 2014 at 6:42 PM

I really hate that NBC is forcing Jay Leno out! He has done nothing wrong. He & his humor are still viable. He is a good late night host. He has never created any scandals or anything else wrong. Why, then, is he being forced out??? Is it because of the "replacement"? (I can't even remember his name!) If he needs to be on prime time, perhaps you could be unique & put him on at 10:30. Don't abandon Jay Leno. He is funny, he is clever, he is a good host, he doesn't embarrass his guests with stupid "games", etc. Please leave "good" alone!

scorpian777 January 23 2014 at 1:34 PM

Charlie Sheen still a good guy a litle flaky but GOOD wish them both luck with whatever they do!!!!

Bitter Twitter January 23 2014 at 1:46 PM

Love Charlie Sheen - he makes me laugh - his personal life is his business but he shouldn't have any more wisdom teeth pulled.

achryslerchic January 23 2014 at 2:22 PM

So how many times is he going to retire?

ROBERT C MOLDEN January 23 2014 at 2:24 PM

When jay left the last time, I said, no way is he going out like that. Turns out I was right and would'nt be surprised if he is back again.