AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Aaron Eckhart's radical 'I, Frankenstein' diet and training regimen

AaronEckhart Radical

Actor Aaron Eckhart got serious about shaping up for his role in the film 'I, Frankenstein,' which takes a whole new approach to the classic character.

Eckhart plays a modern day approach to the monster – and this one is anything but the lumbering, unsteady type you've seen in the classic horror film's past. Instead, he's a lean machine with washboard abs and a skill for intensely acrobatic fight scenes. As a result, Eckhart worked out up to five hours a day for six months. On top of that, a diet that might make you hungry just hearing about it.

'What did you eat every day?' asked AOL.com's Brian Balthazar.

'Maybe apples with little peanut butter on it or something like that,' said Eckhart. 'I always had my assistant cut up little chicken for me with ketchup and toothpicks.'

But oddly enough, the meal is one that Eckhart is more than familiar with.

'I eat apples and peanut butter every day. I have not changed my diet,' he says.

'The thing about acting is that you don't want to ever weigh yourself down. It's better to be on the hungrier side when you are acting because you want all the blood and the brain to be accessible. You don't want it to be in your stomach. It slows you down and it slows your mind down. I like to be hungry and like an animal.'

One look at the film trailer, and its clear that Eckhart shows no sign of slowing down.

'I, Frankenstein' opens in theaters January 24th.

More From You

261 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
bch444 January 23 2014 at 1:57 PM

hmmmm

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
rcsyes January 23 2014 at 10:48 AM

I prefer Boris Karloff and he didn't live on peanut butter and apples.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
fiddata January 23 2014 at 9:23 AM

Once again the HP misguides its' readers into thinking Hollywood PR might actually be a story with some usable nutritional advice.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
irishtimesguy January 23 2014 at 8:52 AM

OH BOY, how wonderful, another friggin' frankenstein movie. YAWN YAWN

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
Hello Butch January 23 2014 at 2:29 AM

If it ain't broke no need to fix it, and if it works leave it alone.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
ordobtrebla January 23 2014 at 2:27 AM

Who cares what this guy ate..?
In the scheme of things ...
Is it really important what he ate.?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to ordobtrebla's comment
stvhndyman January 23 2014 at 7:19 AM

Made you look tho.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to stvhndyman's comment
irishtimesguy January 23 2014 at 8:53 AM

I was hoping for details on a great diet to actually lose weight for myself. This had no details at all. That's the only reason I read it. Bummer, I guess I stay fat for now. LOL

Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Mandy January 23 2014 at 1:08 AM

Everyone acts like this is wrong and no, it's no tlike the classic films but the classic films were NOt what Mary Shelley described. Her creature was gaunt, and actually very agile and intelligent. If you were to show her one of the flat headed, bolts in neck, creatures or even the bald one de Niro played she'd not recognize him as her creation. The only film version that came close was the 2004 mini-series from Hallmark with Luke Goss as The Creature.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
fslunk January 23 2014 at 1:05 AM

Right. The monster is not named Frankie. It's creator was. I guess this monster finally gets a name: "Adam" which the makers, no doubt, believe to be a stroke of genius.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
FERNANDO'S January 23 2014 at 1:02 AM

Ive been training MMA for about a year and a half; ive seen crazy weight cuts; my buddy ate 3 grapefruits a day and pieces of crackers for a month to lose 20 pounds; he still outpaced me in the gym...well into that diet

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
fslunk January 23 2014 at 1:00 AM

Dude already looks like Frankie. Big ole long head. An athletic monster is totally anathema to the way the monster is constructed. It is obvious and intended that the construction leaves much to be desired and is a less than perfect creature because it was the product of an experiment...Not a perfect creation. Based on the premise that this is a perfect one off monster, I vote BS for this offering. It's just a poorly contrived premises for another tedious gymnastic marshall arts exhibition. I like MMA...in the octagon.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
1 reply to fslunk's comment
Mandy January 23 2014 at 1:10 AM

Actually in the novel Victor was trying for beauty but you're right, he wouldn't be buff. The creature in the novel was described as gaunt and pale.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down