Aaron Eckhart's radical 'I, Frankenstein' diet and training regimen

AaronEckhart Radical

Actor Aaron Eckhart got serious about shaping up for his role in the film 'I, Frankenstein,' which takes a whole new approach to the classic character.

Eckhart plays a modern day approach to the monster – and this one is anything but the lumbering, unsteady type you've seen in the classic horror film's past. Instead, he's a lean machine with washboard abs and a skill for intensely acrobatic fight scenes. As a result, Eckhart worked out up to five hours a day for six months. On top of that, a diet that might make you hungry just hearing about it.

'What did you eat every day?' asked AOL.com's Brian Balthazar.

'Maybe apples with little peanut butter on it or something like that,' said Eckhart. 'I always had my assistant cut up little chicken for me with ketchup and toothpicks.'

But oddly enough, the meal is one that Eckhart is more than familiar with.

'I eat apples and peanut butter every day. I have not changed my diet,' he says.

'The thing about acting is that you don't want to ever weigh yourself down. It's better to be on the hungrier side when you are acting because you want all the blood and the brain to be accessible. You don't want it to be in your stomach. It slows you down and it slows your mind down. I like to be hungry and like an animal.'

One look at the film trailer, and its clear that Eckhart shows no sign of slowing down.

'I, Frankenstein' opens in theaters January 24th.

rhb372 January 22 2014 at 7:28 PM

I don't believe him for a second.

Aloha Will! rhb372 January 22 2014 at 9:19 PM

HI THERE.... MY NAME IS WILL... I WORK FOR GNC AND I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WHERE YOU MAY NOT BELIEVE ECKHART'S STORY I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IT IS NOT ONLY 100% POSSIBLE TO LIVE ON JUST PEANUT BUTTER AND APPLES (WHICH I'M PRETTY SURE HE DIDN'T DO SINCE HE SAID HE CONSUMED CHICKEN ON TOOTH PICKS) IT IS 100% HEALTHY FOR THE BODY. IF YOU CONSUME 2 HEAPING TABLESPOONS OF CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER AND 2 REGULAR SIZE APPLES AND CAN MANAGE A 12 OZ GLASS OF ORANGE OR APPLE JUICE FOR BREAKFAST, THE SAME PLUS 1 SLICE OF WHOLE WHEAT TOAST FOR LUNCH AND FOR THE LAST MEAL OF THE DAY (EATEN AT 5 PM SHARP) THE SAME AS LUNCH IN JUST 5 DAYS YOU SHOULD BE LOSING A MINIMUM 15 POUNDS OF BELLY FAT IF YOU COMBINE A 15 MINUTE WALK 3 IMES A DAY INTO THIS DIET. ALSO MANGOS BURN FATTY CALORIES LIKE CRAZY AND CAN ALSO BE SUBSTITUTED FOR 1 OF THE APPLES EACH MEAL.

MRS.FABRE January 22 2014 at 4:59 PM

GREAT IDEA YOU GO AaRON

Merle January 22 2014 at 4:57 PM

i wonder what kind of diet Christian Bale went on when he lost all that weight for an aids movie. He was concave! I like a little meat on my men!LOL

learimfroste Merle January 22 2014 at 5:29 PM

What aids movie was christian bale in? I missed it. He lost a lot of weight for the machinist but he didn't suffer from aids in the machinist but rather insomnia

mhdjl learimfroste January 22 2014 at 6:11 PM

Perhaps Merle is mixing Christian Bale with Matthew McConeghy (pardon the spelling)? He lost a lot of weight also for a movie and I think his character had AIDS.

Flag +1 rate up
scarlett1548 Merle January 22 2014 at 7:08 PM

Didn't ask you what kind of man, you would like. This ia about a part in a movie...
He was very convincing as an Aids person, Yes they look exactly like that, but have you seen the movie, American Hustle? He gained so much weight, i didn't reconize him at all. The making of a Great Actor...:-)

Galdamez69sf January 22 2014 at 4:56 PM

This guy posses a fantastic body anyways !

hal.kane January 22 2014 at 4:55 PM

I agree but a little bit of cake couldnt hurt.

bem179 January 22 2014 at 4:54 PM

Wow! Get me a date with THAT Frankenstein; the monster never looked this good before! LOL

gertysmom January 22 2014 at 4:51 PM

apples and peanut butter and chicken sounds good to me, but what does he drink?

jelayne27 gertysmom January 22 2014 at 5:47 PM

Apple juice?

scarlett1548 gertysmom January 22 2014 at 7:11 PM

Good question, gertysmom..

rick155 January 22 2014 at 4:51 PM

So he ate like a 3 year old...apple slices, peanut butter and cut-up chicken pieces with ketchup. Every day. His mother evidently fell down on the job of introducing him to a wider variety of foods.

scarlett1548 rick155 January 22 2014 at 7:13 PM

It was a role he was playing..Had nothing to do with his Mother..

ria822 January 22 2014 at 4:50 PM

I wish they would put disclaimers on these types of articles. People are going to read this and think that it's okay to eat only apples and peanut butter. He may have lost weight, but he can't possibly have all the nutrients and vitamins he needs in his body. Stupid people do stupid things for stupid reasons. Actors should not be role models!

pj ria822 January 22 2014 at 5:51 PM

probably close to the food that the new poor eat(fact it is),and they are manageing(food pantry fare)

LeAnne January 23 2014 at 12:14 AM

Sigh. The monster had no name. Dr. Frankenstein was his creator. Way too few people get it right.