Laura Linney reveals secret pregnancy

Actress Laura Linney Welcomes Son After Keeping Pregnancy Secret
Mum was the word when it came to Laura Linney's pregnancy!

Actress Laura Linney, 49, managed to keep everyone (in the public, at least) in the dark for nine long months. 'Good Morning America' says her son's name is Bennett Armistead and he was born Jan. 8.

E! says the actress did a good job of hiding her pregnancy. She hasn't even been seen in public since attending an event in Beverly Hills in June.

At the time, she would have been about three months along and kept her growing baby bump hidden under a baggy black dress.

She was also a no-show at the 2013 Emmy's where she won Best Actress for her role in 'The Big C.' It was her fourth Emmy.

Linney's rep told People both the actress and her newborn son are happy and healthy.

newbaku January 22 2014 at 1:31 AM

Glad she's so happy and that everyone is in good health, whether she did in vitro, or whatever. My only hesitation is her age. We can pretend it doesn't matter, but when you're 16 and your mom is 65, it IS different than having a parent who is 40 or 45 years old. I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world (so don't get your drawers in a wad, you hypersensitive types), but let's not pretend like there's no difference.

miljanamandichMD January 21 2014 at 4:22 PM

She is a very good actress,always a lady,looks 35.Good for her, for the father and for the baby.

calliope1961 January 21 2014 at 4:22 PM

Secret, schmecret. Why should she broadcast her personal life to anyone? It's none of our business. Ms. Linney is a wonderful, talented actress. Her performances always deliver. That's as much as anyone needs to know. Ya want overhype and notoriety? Tune into the Kardasians.

kimcrdr January 21 2014 at 4:27 PM

Congrats to her but I sure wouldn't want a baby when I was 49, nevertheless, I know she is one HAPPY mommy! Congrats again!

brisedemer kimcrdr January 21 2014 at 4:35 PM

I don't know ..... I had my first child at age 22. I don't know if I'd want a baby at age 49, but truthfully, if I had it do over again ( and if I remained in good health as I got older ) I think I'd rather become a first-time mom in my mid-to-late 30s and give myself a chance to enjoy life and career while I was young. I love my kids .... but still, I think that if you are in good health, later is better than sooner. Women are healthier and have more options now than even 20 years ago.

sexicalibunny brisedemer January 21 2014 at 4:41 PM

yeah considering you can give the kid a better life,yeah.

Flag 0 rate up
leemilano brisedemer January 21 2014 at 10:54 PM

Actually, "waiting" as you suggest is a very bad idea. All related research supports that a pregnancy becomes "high risk" at age 35 and above. And fertility drops dramatically as a woman enters her 30's.
Many of today's career women who postponed childbirth into their 30's & 40's are finding it very very difficult to get pregnant. Most physicians encourage women to have their children earlier, rather than later, despite the inconvenience!

Flag 0 rate up
Kate January 21 2014 at 4:41 PM

Good for her! She's a very fine actress, and if she wants to keep her private life private, I congratulate her on having done it so successfully.

NAOMI January 21 2014 at 4:42 PM

There is something to be said about older parents. My husband and I had a child at 34 and 42 (we're both the same age). Our kids have had opportunities that most of their peers didn't. We have been able to travel, expose them to other worlds and other cultures, and have the money to spend, which we wouldn't have been able to do in our 20s. So, for those who have children young and then feel their freedom in their 40s, great. As for us, we are in our mid-60s and can keep up with our kids and their activities. Just what works for you.

vallontina January 21 2014 at 4:43 PM

Congrats.

vallontina January 21 2014 at 4:43 PM

Congrats.

joynerz January 21 2014 at 4:57 PM

Congratulations. This was a very brave thing to do.

hark4109 January 21 2014 at 5:06 PM

Laura Linney is one of my favorites! Congatulations to a beautiful lady! And your husband of course!