Japanese airline apologizes for whiteface commercial

Japanese Airline Apologizes for Whiteface Commercial

Shirleyjean January 22 2014 at 2:45 PM

People are just looking for something to be offended about. I'm white american and I'm not offended. I think it's funny.

joe d January 22 2014 at 10:38 AM

American companies do the same thing to sell their products! Lighten up already!

scottee January 22 2014 at 9:01 AM

I thought the Geico commercial preceding the story was more idiotic.

themcqueens@switched.com January 22 2014 at 6:49 AM

Why is everything racist nowadays? Hum let's guess. Any suggestions anybody?

criterion29 January 22 2014 at 2:03 AM

well latly eating a black angus staek is racist by the media if you are a honky .

cdrewparks889 January 22 2014 at 7:59 AM

I like it. If you're white and offended, get over it. I'm white and at least semi-intelligent. I think it's great. My new favorite commercial. Japan should not have apologized. Sensitive white folks are making us look bad. Lets just cry about everything why don't we. Starting to be ashamed of being white....but I'm Ginger so that's a different category, yes?

bricklayer January 22 2014 at 6:32 AM

Get over it. Everyones a cry baby now in society. We need to get back to,,," If you don't like it, Too faaaaaa bad, get over it". Society gives in too easily to Cry babies.

cincinnati January 22 2014 at 2:09 AM

Are western noses 4" long or did this guy just tell a lie? I'm going to take the high road and say I'm not offended. Perhaps this was an attempt at humor. I can't pretend to fully understand Japanese culture, and what a Japanese audience might find humorous. Either way, I think there is a propensity to overreact to this kind of thing.

engymasslite2 January 22 2014 at 6:40 AM

I don't know. That was an awful long nose.

mosbyraid January 22 2014 at 12:18 AM

Good thing it wasn't black face. Then Japan would have Al Sharpton and the rest of his low life followers to contend with.