nb_cid nb_clickOther -tt-nb this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http://www.aol.com/?mtmhp=acm50s247banner041514 network-banner-promo mtmhpBanner
AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Esquire surveys men to identify 'normal' male behaviors

Esquire Surveys Men To Identify 'Normal' Male Behaviors
Esquire recently surveyed a thousand men to determine which behaviors are considered normal for men in today's modern society.

The publication asked a series of questions ranging from 'do you like your job?' to 'how often do you spray tan.' (96% said they've never done it.)

So what's normal nowadays? According to the survey, the majority of men:

-only have a couple of friends who are women
-own 3-5 pairs of jeans
-only sometimes enjoy watching sports on TV AND
-would rather play golf than go to a strip club

What do you think about the survey? Tell us in the comments.

More From You

175 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
Shirley Brown January 22 2014 at 3:56 PM

Who did not know this?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
renate_lazzaretto January 22 2014 at 2:32 PM

I simply love any research or article that attempts to describe normal. As a graduate student of Psychology I can tell all of you first hand that the word normal should only be used as in a description of averages. Albeit, even averages that determine normal behaviors is impossible to score due to the fact that the research participants are limited. Now, let us say we could research every single male on the face of the earth.... then and only then could we describe normal.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Paul Anthony January 22 2014 at 11:30 AM

When will men feel comfortable admitting that they cry? Men cry more than most women....it's the women who make them cry. And not for a good reason.

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
osemet January 22 2014 at 10:45 AM

WOmen have too many "issues". It's just too much work !! I'd rather spend a day on a nice golf course with a good tasting cigar to be honest. Real men don't have time for BS.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
maxcranium January 22 2014 at 9:52 AM

Your survey is wrong. Who ever did the questioning, was probably afraid to ask a real man. Because real men are formidable and don't like answering questions...

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
mentalimagry January 22 2014 at 9:25 AM

So they took a survey of 1000 +45 year old execs who are subscribers to their magazine. Not nearly a complete cross section of American men. Because no one I know would choose golf over much of anything. The only men who have women as friends are the ones who realize they have no chance to ever have sex with that woman, which completely rules out a single guy with any self esteem.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
evanmerrill1 January 22 2014 at 9:08 AM

Only sometimes enjoy watching sports on TV. I am guessing the other times their wife/gf is actually out of the house.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
flainterlewd January 22 2014 at 8:54 AM

thought up by silly people for silly men

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
dcl530 January 22 2014 at 8:47 AM

I have a few women frined, I own 4 pair of jeans, I love to watch sports a LOT
I would rather play golf than go to a strip club
DCL

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
Wazzzup? January 22 2014 at 8:41 AM

Golf is far less hassle! Women today are to wrapped in "themselves".....women have wanted to be just like men for to long now....men want WOMEN that are WOMEN, not men like.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
2 replies to Wazzzup?'s comment
Kat January 22 2014 at 9:02 AM

I have to disagree with you. I find men too (btw, that's the way "too" is spelled) wrapped up in themselves. A man says he wants a woman who is independant, has a good job, car, house/apt. All shallow reasons in my opinion. I can dress up or down and I'm still a woman. The last two guys I dated were so egotisical and self centered. Yes, we watched NFL together. But when the game wasn't on, the conversation was all about "him", his job, his car or truck, his money, etc. Like I said all "shallow". I find men all wrapped up in themselves.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
1 reply to Kat's comment
osemet January 22 2014 at 10:47 AM

You must have been dating a "boy" and not a man.....Keep looking.

Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
Richard January 22 2014 at 4:00 PM

I have to agree. I cannot understand why so many women today want to be men.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down