AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Family's 4 children all have the same birthday

Family's 4 Children All Have The Same Birthday
One set of parents has it really easy when it comes to remembering their children's birthdays.

'All four of their children just so happen to be born on January 12th,' 'GMA' reports. 'Five-year-old Sam started the trend, followed by his two-year-old sisters and baby Ryan came into the world last Sunday, January 12.'

Parents Emily Scrugham and Peter Dunn told England's News & Star they never planned to have their children born on the same day.

In fact, none of the four kids were even supposed to be born on January 12th. Sam was born two weeks late, twins Brooke and Nicole had to be delivered a month early because doctors couldn't find their heartbeats, and baby Ryan was three days late.

Daily Mail reports Emily has already decided how they're going to celebrate the quadruple birthday.

'We plan to make every birthday a real family event where birthdays get celebrated individually and together.'

News & Star says the chances of having four birthdays on the same day is 133,225 to 1. But beating those odds also means the family is going to have to celebrate a 21st, an 18th and a 16th birthday party all on the same day. Good luck with that.

More From You

175 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
socraticknight January 18 2014 at 4:41 AM

having all children share the same birthday can save money for the parents in the long run. the family will only have to go out once a year for their birthday; but will have to have a cake for each child to blow out their own candles.

back when my son was an infant, before the hassle of a big birthday party with relatives attending; wifey and me would have would have a small birthday celebration alone for baby monstro (aka salivo or salivator). his birthday cup cake was the highlight of the event. we simultaneously blew out the candle. that time was just for us, and is probably one of the most precious times in my marriage. even though our apartment hardly had any furniture and paying the bills was tough for teen parents, it proves that simple and sweet is better than big and fancy.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
leavesbound January 18 2014 at 3:52 AM

Seriously? this makes headlines? I grew up in a family of five kids. I am the oldest. My younger brother was born on my 3rd birthday. My sister was born on my 7th birthday. the twins were born on my 10th birthday. This should not be a shock since my parents went on vacation on the same week every year and left us with my grandparents.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to leavesbound's comment
dhward2 January 18 2014 at 6:01 AM

Sounds like you resent having to share your birthday. Sorry you can't rejoice in someoneelse's happiness.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Rhonda January 18 2014 at 2:32 AM

Very cool!

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
Brenda January 18 2014 at 2:05 AM

There is a family in my community who also have 4 kids with the same birthday and they are 2 sets of twins!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
sarakhann678 January 18 2014 at 1:35 AM

its awsm

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
sarakhann678 January 18 2014 at 1:33 AM

hi

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
meweeta@aol.com January 18 2014 at 1:00 AM

My nephew and his wife had a set of twins - they were named April and June but what so weird and unbelieveable was my nephew was born in April and died in June. How weird was that?

I had twins on September 6, 1966 and I had a single birth 11 years later on September 6, 1977.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Sharyn January 18 2014 at 12:50 AM

My Mother was born on her bros. 5th. birthday and my Grandmother said it would happen.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
randmhunley January 18 2014 at 12:49 AM

thats got to suck for the kids and the parents
4 parties with different age groups
hard to feel that it is your special day
when everyone gets a party
no thanks