Viral photos that are actually fake

Viral Photos That Are Actually Fake

Don't feel bad if you fell for any of these pics ... the Internet can be a pretty tricky place. (Plus, who wouldn't want to believe that the rainbow owl is really out there?)

Thanks to the magic of Photoshop, many have been duped into thinking that 'Star Island' exists and that a 'forgotten temple' stands in Rome.

Did any of these make you do a double take, or did they all seem totally fake at first glance? Let us know in the comments.

Dwayne January 20 2014 at 6:42 AM

I HAVE SEEN MANY PHOTOS THAT WERE QUESTIONABLE & FELT WERE ALTERED. I WILL NOT SHARE THESE PHOTOS, BUT DO ENJOY SOME OF THEM. THE REALLY OFFENSIVE ONES ARE WHEN SOMEONE COPIES SOMEONE'S FACE ONTO A BODY THAT IS'NT THEIRS. I DO WISH THERE WAS BETTER CONTROL OVER THESE ISSUES.

Dave Dwayne January 20 2014 at 9:55 AM

There is ... it's called "a brain." Don't need BIG BROTHER sticking his nose into something else that a little common sense can handle.

robertawardleigh January 20 2014 at 12:34 PM

sorry jumik
the Isle is not and Isle at all, it is the remnents of a vocano vent of the Isle of Maui. they call it Molokini. I know this because I have dived the place myself.
used to live on Oahu.
outside the inner reef is called "the Wall". over 1000 ft straight down. it looks like the night sky wothout the stars.. just amazing.

gggaloha robertawardleigh January 20 2014 at 1:46 PM

Me too. Have you ever dived Turtle Bay ?

robertawardleigh gggaloha January 20 2014 at 2:51 PM

nope.. did you go over the wall?

Flag +1 rate up
robertawardleigh gggaloha January 20 2014 at 2:58 PM

Have you dived Makaha? very west side of Oahu.. awesome! the reef is a favorite fo surfers as well. we lived just about a mile up the hill, spent a ton of time on that beach. in the winter the surf was massive we would set up almost to the parking lot due to the size of thewaves. check it on Google Earth, the beach is huge, should give you an idea of how huge the surf could get and the sound!! just magnificant!.
miss it so much..Turtles like mad, they used to swim around me by the dozens, of all sizes!

local resort takes tourist snorkeling there, sometmes you cansee the ships on Google as well.

Flag +1 rate up
robertawardleigh January 20 2014 at 12:35 PM

The Volcano is Haleakula " House of the Sun"

Ojitos robertawardleigh January 20 2014 at 2:56 PM

Haleakala. :-) I grew up there.

chckpope January 20 2014 at 1:18 PM

It's an obvious fake, surf doesn't come in backward, it would be on the ocean side of the island.

SumBreezeHuh chckpope January 20 2014 at 1:55 PM

Dang, I had that Star Island saved as a desktop photo, lol. Never occurred to me that the surf was wrong.

ken January 20 2014 at 2:02 PM

I've swam where that fake star island isn't...off of Maui

stuntmanruss January 20 2014 at 3:54 PM

I take a lot of amazing photos and nobody believes they are real. They say it's Photoshopped. The truth is now obsolete, intelligence has become extinct. BOO HOO!!

GARY January 20 2014 at 4:00 PM

I recognized the Molokini photo right away, and knew that "star" island was total BS. I lived in Kihei and dove Molokini 50 or more times!!

John January 20 2014 at 4:31 PM

How about that great photo of the Great White Shark leaping up to catch a helicopter by the Golden Gate Bridge? You mean to tell be that was fake? WOW.

thelightdragonstephen John January 20 2014 at 8:49 PM

yup i saw it on TV.

Vimala Nowlis January 20 2014 at 4:39 PM

Are people really getting so stupid that they cannot tell that nature does not create strait lines in perfect angles like the star in the picture? Has anyone ever seen any straight line in nature that's perfectly alined except in snow flakes?

willow200 Vimala Nowlis January 20 2014 at 5:34 PM

Trees.... grass....plants....

db1219 willow200 January 20 2014 at 7:23 PM

If you smoke enough grass, then EVERYTHING seems real!!!

Flag +2 rate up
Bill January 20 2014 at 12:32 PM

The crescent island...the real one is none other than Molokini Island off the coast of Maui...I know that island..I have been there many times during my 34 years in Hawaii...27 on Maui. Adding the star (fake) island was an easy computer task....

jurmik Bill January 20 2014 at 1:58 PM

Sir, I still think it is an island called Samos, one of the Greek islands.

robertawardleigh jurmik January 20 2014 at 2:52 PM

sorry, Bill s correct.. I lived ther as well

Flag +1 rate up
Ojitos jurmik January 20 2014 at 2:57 PM

Nope. I grew up on Maui. That crecent-shaped island is definitely Molokini. Absolutely no doubt about it. Check it out, look it up online.

Flag 0 rate up