What does your sleeping position say about you?

What Does Your Sleeping Position Say About You?

Did you know that your sleeping position can reveal a lot about your personality?

Dr. Kevin Campbell says that according to a study of 1,000 people out of Great Britain, if you sleep in the fetal position you are potentially 'shy and sensitive.'

If you're a 'log' sleeper (lying on your side as straight as a, well, log), you are likely social and fun. The 'good time' people, if you will.

'Yearners' who sleep with their legs slightly bent and their arms tucked under their pillow are often 'suspicious, always have a plan, always up to something.'

On the other hand, 'soldier' sleepers who lay flat on their backs are likely quiet, reserved, not very gregarious.

Someone who is brash and very outgoing may favor the 'freefall' position, which looks just like it sounds: face-down on the bed with arms and legs splayed. Apparently, this type of person is 'always loud at the party and wants to be the center of attention. Some people might avoid this person.'

The 'starfish' is like a reverse 'freefall' with arms straight out and one knee up. This means you're a 'giver, a listener, the person that everyone wants to be your friend and puts others' needs before their own.'

So what do you think? Does your position match your personality at all?

bullwinkle94a January 16 2014 at 6:18 AM

I think this is one more professor looking for government research grant money to avoid working a real job. I no longer sleep on my back because of acid reflux and not wanting to choke to death while sleeping,but other than that still sleep in every other position mentioned. Which one on any particular night depends on what is hurting that night and what position best eases the pain.

gocubsgo002 January 16 2014 at 6:16 AM

I sleep in the fetal position every night...shy and sensitive? I have the biggest mouth around. What a dumb "study!"

eyeluvgam January 16 2014 at 5:39 AM

What a bunch of BS..........I sleep flat on my back. Why?????? Because I suffer from acid reflux and if I try to sleep any other way it will trigger the reflux keeping me from sleeping. I suppose the next info to come out will be that it means different things for those of differing eye colors.

bullwinkle94a eyeluvgam January 16 2014 at 6:22 AM

Do NOT sleep on your back if you have acid reflux! If you do you will wake up one night just in time to die from suffocation.

Instead,sleep on your side or on your stomach.

ltcjhwood January 16 2014 at 5:38 AM

Another Dr. No-It-All....wasting taxpayers money to study sleeping positions. Why can't they just leave it alone. The outcome of this study does nothing to improve life. Just a bunch of bull!
Count me out :-)

Nelson January 16 2014 at 5:37 AM

Someone actually funded this research... Thank god it wasn't wasted on something useless like cancer research or Alzheimer's. That would have been a travesty.

Mary Ann January 16 2014 at 5:50 AM

I sleep in several DiFFERENT positions. What does THAT mean?? This study is absolutely ridiculous and a complete waste of time and money!

rxm33511 January 16 2014 at 6:16 AM

I have to agree with most of the comments..your sleeping position does not reflect your personality. I do agree with the "firm mattress with a soft top"...firm for support and soft on top for comfort. Expecially true for the "seasoned citizens". Replacement every four years??? A good mattress should last 10-12 years but that would depend on body weight. A heavy person will wear out a mattress much faster than a lightweight.

20 + years experience selling mattressess

lvnglrgninchrg rxm33511 January 16 2014 at 7:20 AM

thats bull--my last mattress lasted 20 years! You are apparently a salesman and are talking crap just like every other salesman selling their wares. Give me a break!

Matt January 16 2014 at 5:59 AM

This is so stupid. Your sleeping position is determined by how to slept as a child. I had a pillow that barely had any fluff to it so I slept on my chest and I still do to this day. This is just about as stupid as tarot cards and signs in the stars.

mcgrawnrh Matt January 16 2014 at 6:17 AM

chill, buddy, chill.

ebneila Matt January 16 2014 at 6:19 AM

Your comments also reveal a total lack of understanding deeper co-relations that affect all living things. You are right, -- Tarot cards and astrology mean nothing -- in the hands of those who do not possess wisdom of how they work

gerdani8 January 16 2014 at 5:23 AM

I've slept in a recliner chair for years. Wonder where I fit on the researcher's chart...

mcgrawnrh gerdani8 January 16 2014 at 6:18 AM

lol!!

Wayne Champigny January 16 2014 at 5:54 AM

I sleep with my eyes and mouth closed, and oh yeah, and al fresca, what does that mean.........

jinx.blanding Wayne Champigny January 16 2014 at 6:16 AM

you're a perv? just kidding!

geeebsy jinx.blanding January 16 2014 at 6:22 AM

it means i'm standing over your bed at night ....watching...don't mind the gentle orange glow of my cigarette ;)

Flag 0 rate up