7 iconic hair styles that still work in 2014
- Lake made pin curls cool in the '40s. We'll take on any big event this year with hair set this gorgeous.
- Hepburn's signature casual updo paired with a defined side part feels like a perfect match with today's boy-meets-girl fashions.
- Fun and feminine, Bardot has the cutesy-cool accessory on lock.
- It's no secret the pixie is the cut of the year, and referencing Twiggy's crop is forever chic.
- Right now, we love the insouciance of Birkin's bangs and bedhead as much today as her fans did then.
- There's a reason Bundchen's hair hasn't changed much over the years -- her sexy beachy style turned heads in the '90's and still conjures envy twenty years later.
- Sex and the City solidified Sarah Jessica Parker -- and her hair-- as iconic. We love how her character, Carrie, pile her wild curls in an effortless oversized bun and still want to rock this look today.
From Twiggy's famed pixie to mastering Veronica Lake's curls, take a cue from these retro inspirations that translate thoroughly modern in 2014.
More from Harper's Bazaar:
How to Get Perfectly Tousled Bedhead Waves
Hair Treatments You Can Make at Home
10 Prettiest Celebs With Long Bobs