Kanye West facing battery charges after altercation

Kanye West Suspect In Battery Investigation

Kanye West was out with his fiance, Kim Kardashian, when a teenager allegedly spewed racial epithets at the pair. The words upset Kanye so much that he allegedly punched the 18-year-old and fled the scene before authorities arrived.

According to TMZ, the man-in-question allegedly threatened Kardashian's life, saying 'I will kill you.' The man was supposedly trying to help the couple get past paparazzi while flinging racist and homophobic words towards the cameramen. When Kardashian called him out on it, he turned his attack towards her.

More pictures of the famous duo below.

Tim January 14 2014 at 1:01 PM

This story doesn't add up. I think West is a true puddy-cat. Of all of the confrontations that I have heard of, or read about, he throws a punch and then disappears not to be seen again. How can he call himself a man? If Kardashian ever really needs a man, she better look elsewhere.

finefrockdr January 14 2014 at 5:18 PM

He has been doing what ever he wants to since he has been around. Now he is in with the k's, so he will only get even more stupid!! JUST PROVES ONE THING, "MONEY AND STATUS (NO MATTER WHAT TYPE) WILL BUY YOU FREEDOM !! iF THAT WAS A REGULAR JOE, THEIR ASSES WOULD BE IN JAIL!! THERE IS NO JUSTICE FOR THE NORM.

ceecee finefrockdr January 14 2014 at 5:30 PM

You think that defending your wife is jail worthy? REALLY!?!? Listen, I despise these two, they are Lib idiots, but in this case, I do not blame Kayne, and most real men would have done the same to defend their wife.

sun1045 ceecee January 14 2014 at 5:38 PM

Most real men wouldn't have to defend their wives...

Flag +1 rate up
bellasmom1231 January 14 2014 at 5:26 PM

I can't condone the teen's racial slurs or threats (if that is indeed true). However; it seems that this Kanye West is frequently in the headlines for violence or rude and inappropriate behavior. If he does indeed have talent (and I would have no way of knowing if he does or does not as I had never heard of him until he disrespected Taylor Swift by grabbing the mike from her at an awards show, and basically stated she did not deserve the award - Beyonce did), that talent is being overshadowed by his negative attitude towards other indivdiuals, and his overwhelming sense of self- importance. If he is not the guy he portrays in the public eye, and these incidents are just for publicity, then that might almost make it even worse. It illudes to a person who at best lacks good judgement and has a problem with impulse control, and who at worst, just lacks good character. My family would be mortified if I dated or married a man who behaved so badly, and likewise, I would be horrified if one of my children behaved in such a manner. If he is a man with a lot of talent, it is sad to see him wasting his energy on physcial violence and overall bad behavior.

Val bellasmom1231 January 14 2014 at 5:56 PM

I agree with your point of view. Lack of control. Sets bad example for our youth talent or not.. Would he act the crazy if his mom were alive? I find it hard to believe his out of control behavior would be approved if his mom who was an educated woman except this from him, Many people have lost parents but don't carry on like a fool. Public misbehavior isn't a good example. Hence, I'll not support him with the purchase of his so call music. He'll not be supported by me or friends & family. KW try that on a real man. UR punk ass would be knocked down & out.

jamespate9 January 14 2014 at 12:27 PM

fiance or wife you news people never get it right, so how are we to believe this story ??????

Connie January 14 2014 at 12:24 PM

Well...IF this is true...my husband would have done the same thing. The difference here, is that West just made this"rude" teen very rich! Someday these idiots, who other idiots have made rich by buying the records, etc.,will realize that they are very easy targets if somebody wants to set them up for a lawsuit.

lsmith9294 January 14 2014 at 12:24 PM

It should be pretty simple matter.

Yesterday, Kim told the young man that they had recorded the entire incident.

If that is so, then I'm sure he will be in big trouble for making the threat on her life as well as the racial slurs.

If that is not so, then Kanye won't be able to claim he was protecting Kim and will likely be charged with assaulting this guy.

I am no fan of either of these two, but I did wonder when I read the original story if they kid was being used somehow by the paparazzi to get a rise of Kanye.

Either way, no matter what was 'said' Kanye is going to have to learn to keep his hands to himself.

ML January 14 2014 at 12:22 PM

more free PR. and when the lights go out, they'll divorce

hecjr56 January 14 2014 at 5:26 PM

With trouble and even more trouble it sounds like North West's Mama's baby's Daddy may be heading South East for some time out.

northinsus January 14 2014 at 5:54 PM

Ok Guys
Lets admit that we have no idea what is in someones heart.
If we relentlessly teach and model love and forgiveness-
especially if you're famous and or powerful-
Headlines over time will help heal and encourage-
not sew division and mis trust.
Love and Respect- It's the only response that works.

sirchazzzzy777 January 14 2014 at 5:54 PM

I would have kicked head into dirt. Trash is trash !