'Extreme Homes': The Blimp House

'Extreme Homes': The Blimp House

At first glance, this looks like a typical blimp you'd see in the sky. But look closer -- it's actually an Australian home. To make it even more unique, it's actually smaller than a Goodyear blimp, clocking in at just 800 square feet.

Inside the house, sloped wood walls give the illusion of even more space. If you look closely, you can even see a basket-weaving technique that keeps the whole house together.

Check out this amazing little wonder above!

garykuz January 14 2014 at 4:07 PM

KINDA UGLE THOUGH. BUT, IT'S THERE THING SO IT MUST PLEASE SOMEONE.

robcabob1 garykuz January 14 2014 at 4:26 PM

This is cool. I'm not seeing the uglY<----,

Larry January 14 2014 at 10:01 PM

It looks like a sterile lab; the window have wood frames that make it look like jail? Reminds me of our "flying saucer house" (featured in Woody Allen's "Sleeper"), in Colorado. Not for me, but then, I prefer a house that doesn't look like a commercial building inside, so what do I know?

dhperez5 January 14 2014 at 9:46 AM

Love it for a weekend home! Wouldn't live in it fulltime, too small.

David January 14 2014 at 8:14 PM

pretty but kind of tacky and seems to have a lot of wasted space. To each his own. Unique...

flyboy January 14 2014 at 10:46 AM

Take a look at the "Mushroom House" in Hyde Park, Ohio. Now thats some house !!!

Linda January 14 2014 at 3:53 PM

Just do not like the thing, sorry. Looks to fragile sitting there on the edge of a cliffside...no thanks. I wonder how they get water and electric etc etc? It was not even mentioned.

Hello Allan January 14 2014 at 11:42 AM

The wood construction reminds me of my childhood model airplane building days. We glued long strips of balsa wood onto a series of evenly spaced circular disks that had cut outs on the circumference for the strips. We then glued colored tissue paper over the tubular frame. Affixing wings a tail section made a completed airplane that actually flew, propelled by wound up rubber bands. Anybody remember?

bbh907 January 14 2014 at 11:47 AM

Not for me,but I do enjoy watching shows about unusual houses.This is definetly unusual.Love the view,though!

Hello Joe January 14 2014 at 12:14 PM

I'm sorry but this has the look and feel of an old cheap trailer. More power to them and I wish I could build what I wanted to on my own land but what they built is an eye sore.

Ms. Corrine Hello Joe January 14 2014 at 2:58 PM

Just because it's usual does not make it an eyesore. Bet he doesn't have any payments. How about yourself?

dcar430 January 14 2014 at 7:31 PM

It looks nice on the inside but it is really ugly on the outside. I would think an artist and an architect would have been able to make it more visually appealing. It looks as though they built the frame and then just started haphazardly putting the planks around the frame until there were no holes.

stangfivel dcar430 January 14 2014 at 9:42 PM

I'd have to agree with you on the exterior. With a little time and effort the outside could have looked really good. As it is your haphazard assessment is accurate.