Leading ladies of the Golden Globes: Nominees for Best Actress in a TV Series
The 71st annual Golden Globe Awards air on Sunday, January 12th, and even if you haven't seen every movie or watched every TV show nominated, chances are, you've spotted the leading ladieson the red carpet.
- Julianna Margulies, nominate for Best Actress in a Drama for The Good Wife, was lovely in black and white at the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's 25th Anniversary Gala.
- Julianna wore this chic white dress to the Primetime Emmy Awards.
- Tatiana Maslany, nominate for Best Actress in a Drama for Orphan Black embraced both the leather and sheer trends at the BTJA Critics' Choice Television Awards.
- We loved Tatiana's rose shoulders at the 'Orphan Black' Press Conference.
- Taylor Schilling, nominated for Best Actress in a Drama for Orange is the New Black wore Zuhair Murad to the 30th Annual Night Of Stars.
- Taylor looked lovely in white at the Emmy Awards, wearing a custom gown by Thakoon.
- Kerry Washington, nominated for Best Actress in a Drama for Scandal, sparkled in Miu Miu at last year's Golden Globes.
- Kerry chose Giambattista Valli for the Independent Spirit Awards, and we're big fans.
- Robin Wright, nominated for Best Actress in a Drama for House of Cards, looked chic in Rolando Santana Atelier for the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.
- Wright chose peplum tweed for the 25th anniversary screening and cast reunion of The Princess Bride.
- Zooey Deschanel, nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy for New Girl, chose a subtle floral Valentino gown for the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
- At last year's Golden Globes, she wore a vibrant red Oscar de la Renta gown.
- Lena Dunham, nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy for GIRLS, wore this much debated (but adored by us!) Prada gown to the 2013 Emmy Awards.
- We love this flirty purple frock Lena chose for the 13th Annual AFI Awards Luncheon.
- Edie Falco, nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy for Nurse Jackie, looked sleek in a custom Escada gown at the 2013 Emmy Awards.
- We quite liked this lace dress she chose for the Screen Actor's Guild Awards.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy for Veep, attended the Governor Awards in a sleek black sleeveless dress by David Meister.
- She sparkled at the Emmy Awards in Monique Lhuillier.
- Amy Poehler, nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy for Parks and Recreation, looked cool in navy and black at the Gotham Independent Film Awards.
- Amy's dress for the 2013 Emmy Awards, designed by Basler, wasn't your typical black gown, and we loved it.
The two categories for television: Drama and Comedy have some serious contenders for the award. But not only have Kerry Washington, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Lena Dunham and Taylor Schilling (to name a few) captured our hearts on screen, but also on the red carpet. Click through the gallery above to see the best looks of these nominated women!