10 style trends to try in 2014
2014 has finally arrived!
- Everyone, lay down your powder brushes. The matte skin trend seems to have died down, so stock up on highlighters, mineral water mists, or whatever is you need that will make you look luminous.
- This year, it's all about Radiant Orchid.
- After a couple years of nail art overload, a neutral nail feels light and refreshing.
- Stow your minis in the back of your closest (hear that, Britney?), in favor of tea-length and mid-length party skirts. The fuller, the better!
- We know it sounds weird, but just look how pretty Jessica Biel's eye makeup looks. Blue and green eyeliner -- trust us, it's a thing. Just remember to keep the rest of your makeup natural and simple.
- Denim isn't just for jeans anymore. Try it on a shirt, on a jacket, on a skirt...you get the picture. Styling tip: a denim pencil skirt + crisp white shirt + heels = ready for the office.
- We can certainly empathize with the ladies who love their long locks, but nothing says change like a fresh new haircut. Luckily, 2014 is shaping up to be the year of the bob. Long bobs, pixie bobs, midi bobs -- anything goes!
- Sporty chic is the name of the game when it comes to this year's spring trends. From leather baseball caps to silk printed track shorts, to floral bomber jackets, count us in.
- Vogue was just one of the many fashion authorities in 2013 to claim that Birkenstocks are back. And by jove, judging by the Spring 2014 pre-fall collections so far, we think they've got a point. Summer sandals are getting the full Birk-inspired makeover -- complete with thick straps and chunky soles.
- Chunky statement necklaces, clunky arm cuffs -- be gone. 2014 is going to be a refined year for jewelry. Dainty, delicate styles like tiny earrings and thin-chained necklaces -- whether layered or left alone, will be a refreshing trade off from your heavier pieces.
There's never a better time than a new year to refresh your style -- whether it's overhauling your makeup routine, getting a haircut, or trying a few fashion trends you wouldn't normally dare.
Even if you're just looking to make a small change, there's still plenty of room for inspiration. Click through the gallery above to for ten easy fashion, beauty, and hair trends to try out in 2014.