Leading ladies of the Golden Globes: Nominees for Best Actress in a Miniseries
The 71st annual Golden Globe Awards air on Sunday, January 12th, and even if you haven't seen every movie or watched every TV show nominated, chances are, you've spotted the leading ladieson the red carpet.
- Helena Bonham Carter, nominated for Best Actress - Mini Series for her role in Burton & Taylor, is known for her outrageous outfits. She wore this Vivienne Westwood gown to the 2013 Oscars, mixing her eclectic vibe with red carpet elegance.
- Helena's hair aside, she can also keep it classic in a simple LBD and pearls.
- Rebecca Ferguson is not afraid to wear pants on the red carpet. The actress nominated for Best Actress - Mini Series after starring in The White Queen rocks this monochromatic look at a British Consulate event.
- Jessica Lange can do no wrong - especially, in this belted black dress she wore to the 2009 Golden Globes. This year she is nominated for Best Actress - Mini Series for American Horror Story: Coven.
- Jessica stuns in grey while attending the New York premiere of HBO's Grey Gardens at the Ziegfeld Theater in 2009.
- Nominated for Best Actress - Mini Series for her role in Phil Spector, Helen Mirren killed it on the red carpet of last year's Golden Globes wearing a sleek Badgley Mischka gown.
- Helen Mirren wore this luxe Christian Lacroix nude dress with delicate bead-work to the Academy Awards in 2007.
- Elisabeth Moss, nominated for Best Actress - Mini Series for her role in Top of the Lake, rocked sequins and a short hemline in Dolce & Gabbana at the 2013 SAG Awards.
Elisabeth looked gorgeous in a cool grey silk chiffon one-shoulder Donna Karan gown at the 2010 Emmy Awards.
- Nominated for Best Actress - Supporting Role for Dancing On The Edge, Jacqueline Bisset knows how to rock pants on a red carpet. Here she attends the 16th Annual Arpa International Film Festival.
- Jacqueline was on point and trendy with these puffy sleeves back in 1988.
- Janet McTeer was red hot in this curve-hugging dress at the Academy Awards in 2012. She's nominated for Best Actress - Supporting Role for White Queen.
- Janet chose to remain simple an elegant in this black number at the Emmy Awards in 2009.
- Nominated for Best Actress - Supporting Role for her role on Nashville, Hayden Panettiere wore this silk tulle draped gown from Katharine Kid to this year's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.
- Hayden's blush pink Roberto Cavalli gown stole the show with it's intricate ruched detailing at the 2013 Golden Globes.
- Monica Potter sizzled in hot pink at the 2013 BTJA Critics' Choice Television Awards. She's nominated for Best Actress - Supporting Role for Parenthood.
- Monica kept it simple and classy with this grey and black bandage dress while attending the Paley Center For Media's PaleyFest 2013.
- It's no secret that Sofia Vergara's curves are usually the star of the red carpet. The actress, nominated for Best Actress - Supporting for Modern Family, wore this plunging lace Vera Wang dress at the 2013 Emmy Awards.
- Sofia Vergara dazzled in this stunning teal Zuhair Murad at the 2012 Emmy Awards.
Hayden Panettiere, Elisabeth Moss, Jessica Lange and Sofia Vergara are just a few of the actresses nominated for lead and supporting actress in a Miniseries. Before the show this weekend, check out a few of their best looks in the gallery above.