Happy birthday Kate! See her 32 best style moments
- One of our all-time favorites, this Jenny Packham gown she wore in 2012 is just perfection.
- Her custom-made Jenny Packham frock for showing off newborn Prince George was simple, pretty and just right.
- Duh, a list of her best looks couldn't possibly exclude her Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen wedding gown!
- We know Kate loves lace (and so do we) so we were big fans of this Erdem dress with lace-accented shoulders.
- We loved her canary yellow Jenny Packham dress, even if the wind at the Calgary International Airport sought to fight with it!
- During her pregnancy this year Kate was radiant in polka dots -- plus the dress is from Topshop, so it's even better!
- Kate looked lovely at the BAFTA awards in Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.
- One of everyone's favorite dresses, Kate wore Issa for the couple's engagement photos.
- This military-style ensemble by Alexander McQueen is one of our favorites.
- Kate attended a film premiere in this gorgeous dress by Matthew Williamson, and the designer added the embellishment along the neckline just for her.
- Kate looked pretty as can be in this coatdress by Jesire.
- Shortly before welcoming baby George, Kate wore a custom dress and jacket by Jenny Packham to the Queen's Coronation celebration.
- Kate's emerald Emilia Wickstead coatdress is gorgeous - and perfect for St. Patricks day.
- Kate looked lovely in floral Erdem.
- We were so bummed to know this primrose lace dress is by an independent designer, because we want it!
- Kate looked perfect in Alexander McQueen for George's christening.
- This vibrant yellow Emilia Wickstead coat was a great maternity look.
- One of Kate's favorite dresses (and one of ours!) she has worn this Temperley London gown a few times.
- The Duchess is stunning in this emerald dress by the brand Mulberry.
- And duh, wedding dress part 2!
- Kate's powder blue Emilia Wickstead dress was this editor's favorite maternity look.
- We're obsessed with this Alexander McQueen piece -- Kate looks fierce!
- The best part about this Orla Kiely dress is that the pattern is small birds! Too cute.
- Kate had a very colorful pregnancy, here in a bespoke coat by Mulberry.
- Kate stunned at SportsBall in Temperley London.
- Kate may have worn her belt upside-down on this MaxMara coat, but we still loved it.
- It's easy to look fashionable in thousand dollar dresses, but the Duchess can dress down, too!
- A wrap dress is one of the most flattering silhouettes, and Kate chose this one by MaxMara earlier this year.
- Kate wore a stunning blue patterned Jane Troughton coat to a friend's wedding, paired with a Jane Corbett fascinator and black court shoes.
- Alexander McQueen, of course. And isn't this coat amazing?
- The Duchess looked pretty in a grey shift dress by Roksanda Ilincic.
- Hey, stripes are totally fashionable.
Kate Middleton, Britain's Duchess of Cambridge, has had a royally eventful year. Becoming a mom has surely made 31 her favorite age yet, but as the Duchess turns 32 today January 9th, we can't wait to see what is yet to come.
Last year Prince William took Kate, her family, and close friends to see a Cirque de Soleil show to mark her birthday. (And they were celebrating a pregnancy - albeit a difficult one at first - as well!) So how will the Duchess celebrate this year? Kensington Palace has only said that Kate "is spending her birthday privately." It's believed that she plans to ring in 32 quietly at home in London with family.
Knowing the Middleton family -- and that little thing known as a multi-million dollar party planning business -- we're sure they've got something up their sleeves. The family has always celebrated birthdays with gusto, and Kate mentioned in an interview for the business that her favorite party memory was the "white rabbit marshmallow cake" her mother made for her seventh birthday. Both Carole and Pippa were spotted shopping this week in London at some of Kate's favorite stores.
As Prince William recently started his courses at Cambridge University, she'll likely spend the day without him at her side, but they are expected to celebrate together in the evening. We're hoping Wills and Pippa planned a lavish dinner for Kate at the Palace (we're picturing a Downton Abbey dinner party -- but better) and we're sure having close friends and family there is all she'll want.
2014 is already set to be a busy year for the Cambridge family. After a quiet first 10 weeks while William takes classes, the couple will head off to Australia and New Zealand for their first extended Royal Tour. Prince George will accompany his parents on this exciting month-long trip.
We expect more details on the Duchess's birthday will emerge in time, but to celebrate we rounded up Kate's 32 best looks! Click through the gallery above to see -- naturally we included her Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen wedding gown, the bespoke polka dotted Jenny Packham dress and many more iconic pieces.