AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Doctor accused of spying on ex-wife during divorce

Prominent Cancer Doctor Accused Of Spying On Wife During Divorce Proceeding

Dr. Steven Curley, a surgeon and cancer researcher from Texas, is accused of using computer software to spy on his ex-wife during their divorce proceedings.

Back in 2011, Curley and a computer analyst, Hank Lehmann, allegedly installed eBlaster (software that some parents use to track their children) on her computer to record emails, chats and web searches.

They both face second degree felony charges and face up to 20 years in prison if convinced.

More From You

203 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
Kelly McGrath January 11 2014 at 11:44 AM

...I just made an on-line purchase for Burt's Bees lotion and now EVERY site I go to there appears an add on the right hand side of my screen for none other than, BURT'S BEES LOTION! in fact, it happens with not only with our purchases but also with almost ANY internet search we make ...my guess???? ...internet software is OBVIOUSLY being used (WITHOUT OUR CONSENT) to SPY on our INTERNET ACTIVITY!!! ...so, SERIOUSLY, what's the difference?????

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Gecko January 10 2014 at 10:25 PM

Well you know the only one the can spy on anyone in the world is the n.s.a. and fu..k they hate it when some one else does it..

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
wehmhoner January 10 2014 at 10:22 PM

Divorce can make the sanest and most intelligent people do ridiculous things; especially if there are children involved.
Simple solution..... Don't get married!

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
1 reply to wehmhoner's comment
Sexy Grammie January 10 2014 at 11:00 PM

... or don't get divorced. Work a little harder to make your marriage work.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
cchandh January 10 2014 at 10:16 PM

Since the laws and courts are different in each state, this article seems to be appropriate to a small percent of the population, those in that particular state. For the rest of us it's interesting reading but may or may not be valid in our lives. I had a friend that, when confronted with divorce from his wife, said "don't get a lawyer, just tell me what you want," and then he gave her whatever she wanted. It took all her animosity away, gave him a clear conscience and kept THOUSANDS of dollars out of the lawyers' pockets.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
rmeway January 10 2014 at 9:49 PM

A 55 gallon drum of acid would have taken care of the problem without a trace.

Reply Flag as Abusive -4 rate up rate down
wackesande January 10 2014 at 8:23 PM

Really more money being wasted on something so stupid. Let them fight it out in court and let them get a divorce already. We do not need to send these two to jail so we can feed them and put a roof over their heads.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
1 reply to wackesande's comment
kingofswords72 January 10 2014 at 9:04 PM

And you would allow your ex-wife to put spyware on your electronic devices and get away with it? If it's against the law you need to know the consequences before you take action.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
bessiekned January 10 2014 at 8:17 PM

i do not know how to use my facebook account. i need someone who is willing to teach me. whren that happens i will be visiting on facebook.

t

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Hi Lynn ~UrAdoll January 10 2014 at 7:54 PM

Guess they realize they made a huge mistake doing this and I hope others will take heed of how wrong it is. I can't feel sorry for them and really think the wife is right in divorcing this idiot - doctor or not.

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
georgechevrolet January 10 2014 at 7:52 PM

He would have done well to take the words from an old song to heart like my friend did;

Last night, as I got home, about a half past ten
There was the woman I thought I knew in the arms of another man.
I kept my cool, I ain't no fool. Let me tell ya what happened then.
I packed some clothes and I walked out ..and I ain't goin' back again.

Chorus
So take a letter Maria..address it to my wife
Say I won't be coming home..gotta start a new life
Oh Take a letter Maria..address it to my wife
Send a copy to my lawyer..gotta start a new life

You've been many things but most of all a good secretary to me
And it's time like this I feel, you've always been close to me
Was I wrong to work nights, to try to build a good life?
All work, and no play has just cost me a wife

Chorus
So take a letter Maria..address it to my wife
Say I won't be coming home..gotta start a new life
Take a letter Maria..address it to my wife
Send a copy to my lawyer, gotta have a new life

When a man loves a woman, it's hard to understand
That she would find pleasure in the arms of another man
I never really noticed, how sweet you are to me
It just so happens I'm free tonight, would you like to have dinner with me?

So take a letter Maria..address it to my wife
Say I won't be coming home..gonna start a new life
Ohhhh, Take a letter Maria..address it to my wife
Send a copy to my lawyer..Gonna have a new life

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
georgechevrolet January 10 2014 at 7:44 PM

See the thing is women spy on their husbands all the time, they hire private detectives and we've all read about it.

Double standard. Just like female teachers getting off with a couple years for sleeping with their 14, 15 year old students....a man teacher does that? Try more like 30 years!

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
2 replies to georgechevrolet's comment
Hi Lynn ~UrAdoll January 10 2014 at 8:04 PM

There is a vast difference in hiring a private detective and "bugging" someone's computer and 9 times out of 10- a Family Law Judge would throw out the PI's records. It's not a double standard - there is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
bcreunion2004 January 10 2014 at 8:26 PM

The difference between a wife hiring a private detective and the husband monitoring the wife's private emails, instant messages and e-chats is huge. If the husband had just hired a private eye, there would not have been any problems.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down