AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Waitress receives $5,000 'tip from Jesus'

Waitress Receives $5,000 Tip from Strangers

A waitress at Acabar in West Hollywood said she felt like she won the lottery on Saturday - and she isn't the only lucky service worker to get a stunning surprise during a shift.

'It was a $5,000 tip,' said the young woman, who goes by Leigh D. 'I was like, 'Oh my God, yes!'' She plans to use the money to help pay for law school applications.

A day later, a bartender at West Hollywood's Pearl also received an amazing tip.

tips-for-jesus-weho

Brian Kennedy received $4,000, and he has big plans for his cash, too. The money will go toward his dental school applications.

Both receipts were stamped with 'Tips for Jesus.'

More From You

201 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
Andy January 12 2014 at 6:40 PM

Hey at there, lord diva has made me believe that voodoo is real and it works. I order a lottery voodoo from him and he gave my the lottery numbers, It was easy and fast and i was doubting every bit of it that am not going to win the lottery. But can you believe that it worked and i won $25000. I settled my debt immediately and i was so grateful and happy. believe me that the secret behind winning lottery is lorddivalottovoodoo1@gmail.com

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Debbie January 10 2014 at 9:28 AM

The credit card will be charged back!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Frognix January 10 2014 at 6:15 AM

What a wonderful way to start 2014!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
Peggy January 10 2014 at 5:23 AM

How nice.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Philip Santucci January 10 2014 at 5:05 AM

I wish Jesus could come into my life that way. Unfortunately, or fortunately he watches out for me in other ways.

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
1 reply to Philip Santucci's comment
aajarm January 10 2014 at 5:46 AM

Amen Brother ...nicely said!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
philsun73 January 10 2014 at 4:15 AM

The philantrophy may be appreciated by both the waitress and the bartenter. I would not consider either of them to be poor, I having worked in both positions. I doubt that Jesus would rain down such largess on either. I doubt that the giver is unknown to either or both the waitress and the bartender, so I'd consider the gifts to be gifts to gain attention and awe, I've seen large sums thrown around before in the form of hundred dollar bills, for the purpose of gaining the attention of a waitress, and that for the purpose of bedding her down. (And it worked.)

Reply Flag as Abusive -6 rate up rate down
2 replies to philsun73's comment
rrpatreilly January 10 2014 at 4:48 AM

You don't consider either of them to be poor. Why the hell are you to assume to know the financial condition of these people or to presume to think it matters at all . Just because you worked as a waiter or a bartender doesn't mean every other waiter or bartender makes the same. In reality your narrow minded opinion doesn't matter one bit.

Reply Flag as Abusive +4 rate up rate down
1 reply to rrpatreilly's comment
MAMA DEE January 10 2014 at 12:13 PM

Nor does yours!

Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Carl January 10 2014 at 8:03 AM

Why do you have to take something beautiful and turn it into something sexual and pervy? Might be different if the tipper's identity was known. I don't think anyone working as a waitress in L.A. is exactly rich....

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
pbel27 January 10 2014 at 3:42 AM

nice news spreads nice feelings - luv story

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
jakiebelle January 10 2014 at 1:58 AM

I think this is great that people who have more then thay can spend would share with those less fortunate.

Reply Flag as Abusive +6 rate up rate down
Bill Palazzo January 09 2014 at 6:24 PM

Jesus Giveth and Obama Taketh Away.

Reply Flag as Abusive +8 rate up rate down
6 replies to Bill Palazzo's comment
shiraz39 January 09 2014 at 5:42 PM

$15 entrees, $2078 check .... 40 people for dinner? kinda biblical

Reply Flag as Abusive -4 rate up rate down
1 reply to shiraz39's comment
yoopersue January 09 2014 at 11:06 PM

The waitress said they were buying bottles for everyone in the restaurant.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down