The leading ladies of the Golden Globes and their best winning looks: Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama
The 71st annual Golden Globe Awards air on Sunday, January 12th, and even if you haven't seen every movie or watched every TV show nominated, chances are, you've spotted the leading ladieson the red carpet.
- Cate Blanchett, seen here in Armani Privé at the Deauville American Film Festival, was nominated for her turn as a Manhattan socialite fallen on hard times in Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine.
- Wearing Roksanda Ilincic at the Blue Jasmine premiere in Australia.
- In Dior Couture at the Deauville American Film Festival in France.
- Sandra Bullock got serious acclaim for her role as an astronaut lost in space in Gravity. We loved Sandra's style this year too, especially this Alex Perry dress she wore to the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala.
- In Stella McCartney for the Gravity premiere in London.
- In Giambattista 'Gravity' New York premiere at AMC Lincoln Square Theater on October 1, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by D Dipasupil/FilmMagic)
- Dame Judi Dench was nominated for her role as a mother searching for her long lost son in Philomena.
- At the Philomena premiere at the Venice International Film Festival.
- At the Royal World Premiere of Skyfall in London.
- Emma Thompson, nominated for her turn as Mary Poppins author P.L. Travers, wore this sexy and slimming Camilla and Marc dress to the movie's Los Angeles premiere.
- At the The Board Of Governors Of The Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences' Governor Awards in November.
- Wearing a houndstooth print at the Future Academy Museum of Motion Pictures in November.
- Kate Winslet is nominated for her turn as a depressed single mom who takes in an escaped convict. The actress, seen here in Jenny Packham at the movie's London premiere, gave to a son in December.
- In Jenny Packham again at the Titanic 3D premiere.
- At the Cesar Film Awards in Paris, wearing Jenny Packham yet again -- if we were English, we guess we'd do it too!
Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock, Dame Judi Dench, Emma Thompson, and Kate Winslet have all been nominated in the 'Best Actress - Drama' category. Before you see them on the red carpet on Sunday, click through the gallery for a few hints on what they may be wearing.