The best and worst dressed at the 2014 People's Choice Awards
Awards season finally kicked off tonight with the People's Choice Awards on CBS.
- Only someone as gorgeous as Nina Dobrev can make a turtleneck (albeit one designed by Jenny Packham) look cool on the red carpet.
- Malin Ackerman may have missed the mark with this Cushnie et Ochs design, but you certainly can't miss those cutouts.
- Jessica Alba stunned as usual in a white-hot Jason Wu bandage dress.
- We thought Allison looked sleek and sophisticated in this David Koma number.
- Between the high-low hemline, the awkwardly high neckline, and the grandma floral, we just can't say we're into this look.
- We like this print, but all that fabric and the one-shoulder style just aren't flattering.
- This navy and green floral frock by Peter Pilotto felt refreshing on a white and metallic-heavy red carpet.
- This colorblocked Michael Kors look is sporty and glam.
- A suit on the red carpet can either look really cool, or go horribly wrong. With the metallic accents and kinda see-through front, we're going to put this one in the "horribly wrong" category.
- This Naeem Khan design is just so pretty. Le sigh.
- Jennifer Hudson is seriously killing it in this sexy white look -- and love that bold lip, by the way.
- Oh, no. This is prom gone wrong.
- This Sachin + Babi dress is pretty and elegant, but it seems a little matronly on her.
- Love, love, love this Naeem Khan gown. Gorgeous!
- How cute is she in this Charles Henry frock? Kiernan Shipka officially has competition in the 15 and under category.
- This dress could actually be really cute if it were hemmed, but it's doing nothing for Emily's figure -- she looks downright frumpy.
- Love this adorable Vionnet t-shirt dress on pregnant Drew!
- Love the blue skirt with laser cut details, but we aren't sure about the black top half.
- Is it just us or is this David Meister dress erring on the side of gothic?
- It's simple, but sometimes, simple is good.
- Hot mess express right here. Britney, we love you, but that dress has got to go.
Stars of CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls, Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs, acted as hosts, while celebrities like Drew Barrymore and Jessica Alba took care of the presenting.
Sandra Bullock took home the award for Favorite Movie Actress, Sarah Michelle Gellar nabbed her first People's Choice win for Favorite Actress in a New TV Series, and Lucy Hale snagged Favorite Cable TV Actress.
Favorite Pop Artist went to Britney Spears (well, she is the queen -- right?) and Kaley Cuoco snagged Favorite Comedic TV Actress. Vampire Diaries costars Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder won for On-screen Chemistry, despite having broken up recently. Awkward.
Quite possibly the most emotional moment of the entire night was Jennifer Hudson's heartfelt speech after winning Favorite Humanitarian. The award was given to Jennifer for her work with the Julian D. King Gift Foundation, named after her late nephew, which strives to provide stability and positive experiences for children in need. We'll admit, we got a little teary-eyed during that speech.
But enough about the awards! We all know the real fun is on the red carpet. Click through the gallery above to see who made our list of best dressed at the 2014 People's Choice Awards...and who made the worst!