Son Surprises Parents With 130-Pound Weight Loss

Son Surprises Parents With 130-Pound Weight Loss

Lucas Irwin waited a year to see his parents, and what happened when they finally reunited was pretty amazing. The 25-year-old decided to lose 130 pounds over the course of the year, and rather than telling his parents of his plan, he surprised them with his new look.

Irwin typically sees his parents twice a year, but in order to plan the big Christmas surprise he skipped their summer reunion.

lawlady50 January 09 2014 at 2:52 PM

You did great and you did it the healthy way! Changing the way you think about yourself and your connection with the environment makes all the difference in the world. You are the winner...none of the weight loss companies would exist if people took responsibility for themselves. Congratulations!

Rick January 09 2014 at 8:53 PM

I need to try that...... good job to Lucas....... ya stuck to it and it paid off.... !

hey January 09 2014 at 10:04 AM

good for him, what a nice surprise for his family and friends

flyingfortresb17 January 09 2014 at 10:08 AM

this young man just improved his life and may have prevented himself from having diabetes and heart problems. a year long loss is better than a forced loss of weight and provides less stress on his heart.

rwilliamhoward January 09 2014 at 10:08 AM

I have a weight problem, though not as severe as this young man had (has?). What helped ME lose weight was to quit 'eating out' at sit-down restaurants. They consistently deliver servings that are MUCH too large, and I was brought up to 'Clean your plate. There are starving children in (name a country) who would like to have that.' An ocational buffet` meal is OK, because you can regulate serving size. I live alone, and don't cook, so I live on frozen meals. The small ones. And no between meal snacks. I don't feel hungry between meals, and I lose weight. Not as dramatically as the man in the story, but I lose it.

Beware of the 600-calorie-and-a-vitamin-shot-every-day scam. You take it off, but you resent it every minute. Chicken breast is good, but NOT 7 days a week, 2 meals a day. And you put it back on in spades! (195 down to 165, back up to 225!) (I stand 5' 9") I fell of the wagon at Christmas and Thanksgiving. Back on. Down to 172 now. Heading for 165. And I'll STAY there!

myliturside January 09 2014 at 11:20 AM

when my son lost weight and came home to visit, i hardly knew him. when he had his back turned , i didn't recognize him, til he turned toward me. i was very surprised too. he looks great , although he looked great before too, i thought . lol.

bjredmond64 January 09 2014 at 10:40 AM

hope he can keep off that extra weight. he looks terrific, really a cutie!

msmelo75 January 09 2014 at 10:50 AM

Congratulations Mr. Irwin may you live a healthy, happy life.

adukesiii January 09 2014 at 11:36 AM

Congrats!

jck20440 January 09 2014 at 2:23 PM

It is awesome you looks great I'm proud of you even that I don't know you. I'm struggling with myself, I wish I can workout and loose some weight is so difficult for me to do it just because my mind is so, depress that is hard for me to concentrate in myself. keep going boy you did a great JOB!!!!

Jennifer jck20440 January 09 2014 at 2:57 PM

I'm rooting for you! I know you can do it! Even eating healthier is a good step! :)