Killer Instinct Update Makes Sabrewulf Free, Adds Skins & Fixes
A new 675mb update for Killer Instinct makes Sabrewulf the free character if you download the free version of the game, it also includes numerous fixes for the game.
The update means that Jago, who was previously free, is now a paid character, additionally both Jago and Orchid have new skins.
The patch list was posted to the Double Helix forums, here's some of the highlights:
ROTATING FREE CHARACTER:
- Character rotation has been added. Sabrewulf is the new free character, replacing Jago.
FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT
- Players will now have access to play regardless of what USB port they plug into.
SAVE DATA FIXES
- Sign-in changes via KINECT will no longer erase save-data
TOASTS OPTION AVAILABLE
- Players will be able to disable toasts from the option menu (under display options)
INSTINCT MODE SHADOW COMBOS NOW BREAKABLE
- There were several instances where SHADOW MOVES we're un-breakable after performing an instinct.-mode cancel With the current fix, SHADOW MOVES will be fully intractable after an instinct-mode cancel.
- Players can now adjust block height during instinct mode activation.
COMBO ENDER FIX
- There were several instances where certain moves labeled as "ENDERS" where unbreakable .
CHARACTER SPECIFIC FIXES
- Jago's Endokuken is now classified as an OPENER, when used in the beginning of combos.
- Shadow Eclipse now scales properly if used as an OPENER.
- LEVEL-3 eclipse ENDER has been corrected to hit the opponent after performing a JUMPING SLASH
- Category correction for the first (2) hits of ICHI NI SAN.
- Damage scaling correction on UPPER FIRECAT
- Shadow Hail will now have the same hit properties as an OPENER.
- HP /Shadow version of Widow's bite is now categorized as OPENER.
This is a good opportunity for people who do not want to pay for the game to get a new character, their version of free-to-play certainly is very interesting, however it would be nice if the characters rotated a bit more frequently than this. It seems like the patch fixes a lot of things as well so that is good news for frequent players of the game!
Have you been playing Killer Instinct? Did you go for the free option? Comment below, I'm interested to hear what you think of it.