Reporter passes out in snow on live TV

Reporter Passes Out In Snow On Live TV

While reporting on cross-country skiing in Salt Lake City, KUTV reporter Brooke Graham passed out cold.

Though it was a frightening moment, Graham rebounded like a real pro. The moment she came to, she started to ask questions and joked that she had just taken a fall on the slippery snow.

Graham told 'CBS This Morning' that she didn't really know what happened, and was trying to figure out why she was on the ground.

'I am known to faint any time I am in high altitudes and get too cold,' she said in a blog post. 'I could feel myself getting light headed and tried to warn the producer that I was sick. After I went down I sat up and had no idea how long I had been out but saw the camera pointed at my face and decided to keep talking.'

KUTV-TV posted the video on their YouTube page saying, 'Reporter Brooke Graham works six days a week and is one of our hardest workers. She is doing fine following this instance and has given us permission to post the video on her behalf.'

'TODAY' says it took her just nine seconds to recover.

bhunter610 December 31 2013 at 2:34 PM

What a pro! I give her credit for poise. What an adorable woman. Bobby

shaniell December 31 2013 at 4:23 PM

She's a dedicated pro., and deserves a raise. You are lucky to have her as an employee. Hope she will find the cause of her fainting. LOL

kritteracres December 31 2013 at 4:15 PM

Wow, that's the shortest fainting spell I've ever seen.

Gracie GirL December 31 2013 at 4:02 PM

I would call her fainting and getting up, done very professionally and with grace. I hope she finds a good doctor that can diagnose exactly why she faints in higher altitudes and cold weather

Kate December 31 2013 at 3:50 PM

Wow. That really is professional, to keep on going. You can easily hear in her voice that she was having trouble breathing.

denoferth December 31 2013 at 5:20 PM

Gee, I hope she gets checked out before she does too much more driving around Denver and insures her car heater works well.

dinom4 December 31 2013 at 3:22 PM

I am in the Biz.... She is a PRO

tricia December 31 2013 at 2:54 PM

poor thing! at least she was only out a few seconds and recovered quickly!!

jyates1936 December 31 2013 at 6:11 PM

They never shut up do they? Just kidding. HNY!!!

LL December 31 2013 at 6:24 PM

She's "known to pass out in the cold & high altitude", and then that's exactly where she heads out for this assignment ??? IS SHE STUPID OR SOMETHING ?.... And if her producer "knew this about her" but forced her to do it anyway, IS HE ACHING FOR A LAWSUIT, OR SOMETHING ???

Lord have mercy on all of of these "one Nugget Short Of a Happy Meal" folk,... that seem to be springing up all over the world, of late !

bze2101 LL December 31 2013 at 7:44 PM

If you know this person Gail you should make sure she goes to her doctor for a complete check-up including an EEG and MRI of the brain. When you have a Seizure; your body is stiff and you fall with the same stiffness and there is some fine shaking movements involved. That is what happened to your friend...

If she lost consciousness, the microphone would have fell out of her hand and her right hand would have hit the ground. To lose conscious is to lose control of ones muscles and thoughts. She never lost control of her muscles and that's why the mic stayed in her hand, "Above her body while passed out on the ice!" Please send your friend for a check-up... Everybody is laughing about the video but to tell you the truth, I don't see anything funny about this.....

chrisinxs LL December 31 2013 at 10:24 PM

I agree...you are spot on. You are not being not " mean," as some would say (snore) .
It is a clear logic observation and statement!