New Year's 2014 around the world

Stunning photographs as the world says goodbye to 2013 and celebrates the beginning of 2014.

karen December 31 2013 at 9:11 AM

It' looks beautiful. I'm waiting on the pictures of Japan who should be ringing in the New Years soon. My niece Amanda is stationed there. Happy New Year Amanda!! Love you and miss you!!

rsushm December 31 2013 at 9:44 AM

Wow! Pictures from the future. :)

Mary rsushm December 31 2013 at 10:04 AM

You know, Rsushm, I have never thought of it that way. Thanks for writing it....:)

Tammy December 31 2013 at 9:40 AM

Beautiful shots, especially, Sydney, Australia!! I, also, wonder who celebrates new year first. Anyone know?

emmett Tammy December 31 2013 at 10:36 AM

The first one who sobers up .

ae12wrangell December 31 2013 at 9:31 AM

2 parts of the United States are already in January1, 2014. Guam and Wrangell Island*(Wrangell Is. is the westernmost AND Aleutian Island of Alaska)
Wrangell Island is the eastermost and westernmost point in the United States.

millie December 31 2013 at 9:26 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR! to our daughter Kyrs in Japan and Ariel in London! good health and happiness to u both! we love u and miss u very much! God Bless!

rgalang1974 December 31 2013 at 9:26 AM

My friends and relatives who lives in Asia every year teases me about being the last one to ring in the new year . My response is always that's true but we are the first one in the US to ring the new year cause i am on Eastern time SO THERE !!!! Happy new year to all !

hewgo December 31 2013 at 9:17 AM

my son also in japan....I love you son God Bless you and happy new year.xoxoxox. mom and sister

fudgie0517 hewgo December 31 2013 at 10:04 AM

I know how you feel. My son lives in Japan also. Fortunately, they are spending the holidays here in Florida with us. Happy New Year to you!

regowild December 31 2013 at 10:15 AM

Love watching the whole World welcome in "2014"...........Celebrate!!!!!!!!!

emmett regowild December 31 2013 at 10:31 AM

...celebrate the dawn of a new year .

mfpoisson December 31 2013 at 10:01 AM

Very HAPPY NEW YEAR to our daughters in DARWIN !!!

Maryjane December 31 2013 at 10:17 AM

I'm confused who is the first Happy New Year. New Zealand was the first but you said Samao. How come?

Gloria Maryjane December 31 2013 at 11:10 AM

Samoa is the first occupied land fall to obtain 12 midnight New Years Eve...today. As the sun and moon continue their orbits the New Year will fall, like a great shadow across the globe. I'm certain there is some where you can find this on the internet. It is a spectacular sight. Darkness rolls across the globe, you see lights come on, to light the darkness, then..spectacular fireworks start as night passes each and every part of this amazing planet.