Electronics going extinct in 2014

Alarm Clock, Other Gadgets To Be Endangered In 2014

Is time running out for the alarm clock?

According to a list of 'endangered technologies' compiled by pixmania.com, it's not the only gadget you can expect to say goodbye to in2014. Things also aren't looking good for DVD players, wristwatches, the Blackberry or TV remote controls.

Check out the gallery below to see the top 10 endangered technologies.

Frank Giuliano December 31 2013 at 8:10 PM

I was also hoping Huff Post was on the list.

lackbeery December 31 2013 at 7:11 PM

Thank you calderast--I love my watches too and some people love them as decorations as well. I also like my remote----my GPS--my Dvd player and my God dont tell anyone ------------I still have my VHS player---and it still works like a champ---why do we have to get rid of everything old--when it still works just as well as the first time we used it??? Why does everything have to be new with even more bells and whistles? Because we follow the retailers and their lackies like sheep that's why. We buy into every stupid advertisement we see on our computers or tv's and what's worse----------------------we're teaching our kids to do the same thing. We are a society of spoiled lazy brats. (Don't get me wrong---I love my country---that's why I'm so mad)

PJD120 lackbeery December 31 2013 at 7:31 PM

I know Lackbeery, I still have 2 VHS player, one stand alone, and one is a tv combo. And yes I still love my watchesl

Napolesdi lackbeery December 31 2013 at 7:33 PM

Thank you lackberry I thought I am the only one who feels this way. My adult children keep trying to buy me alot of these that are current I don't like them don't want to be bother to get to like them and not going to have them. I love my DVD/VCR, i like my watch and my remote and it goes on and on. A year and a half ago my son who is into all those other things got me a cell phone and even though I appreciate him to this day I still don't know how to operate it and don't want to learn I love my son but he has to stop I love the things I am comfortable with them.

calderasf December 31 2013 at 7:03 PM

pretty poor list, wrist watches pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, not everyone desires to stare at a phone 24 hours a day.

anidee9 calderasf December 31 2013 at 7:07 PM

Plus they're a neat fashion item!!

isisreptiles calderasf December 31 2013 at 9:18 PM

It's a lot easier to glance at my wrist than to pull out my phone for the time. My watches are fashion accessories, too!

greggrwag December 31 2013 at 7:01 PM

Why do they do these stupid obituaries of things every year?

Maria December 31 2013 at 7:00 PM

I know I'm part of the problem. But, we are getting so tech. reliant. I think we are de-evolving as a human race. We need to keep some old gadgets like the alarm clock.

Cindy December 31 2013 at 6:57 PM

Sure I like new gadgets. Who doesn't? But when the new gadget no longer works because it has been replaced or the server isn't working etc.- you get my drift... where do we turn? To our old and reliables. Sure I use my cell phone as an alarm clock sometimes- but when the power goes out because of a storm so you can't recharge your cell- what do I use? My good old trust worthy friend - my battery operated alarm clock! Don't know what I would do without it!

ritco7 December 31 2013 at 6:53 PM

BTW, i didn't see Huffington Post on the extinction list.
Obvious oversight.

evnsaffl ritco7 December 31 2013 at 9:46 PM

HP is busy spying on people's comments and finding out their true identities.

jim December 31 2013 at 6:53 PM

Hell, everything will come & go w/ time. In 2100, if we last that long, scientists say the earths temp. will go up an estimated 7.2 % F & w/ major ice melting around the globe, many species will go extinct & many lives will be altered forever. We are over due for an asteroid/ comet to hit. Our own planet is beginning to fight back for what we have done to her , temps going severely down in the winters & up in the summers world wide , rain is disappearing in spots across the planet causing great food shortages, viruses / disease breakouts are also happening in many places. We ARE in a dangerous downward spiral & if we don't start taking precautions & soon, what will be left in the year 2100, not much I think.

ritco7 December 31 2013 at 6:52 PM

Lowbrow journalism at it's..eh...grandest.
No wonder Huffpo is tanking. Even a dumbed-down society is ahead of this rubbish.

jblee1858 December 31 2013 at 6:47 PM