AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

A look back at the Royal Family in 2013

One thing is for sure... it's been quite a royal 2013! From January to December, everyone's favorite Royal Family has definitely been busy. From charity events to the birth of His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge, they've kept our full attention as 2013 unfolded. And we can't think of a better way to bid 2013 farewell than with a royal round-up.

Prince William Returning to College

More From You

142 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
jrp1947 January 01 2014 at 2:20 AM

Both William and harry have seen more combat that most people. This younger generation of royals have truly led and never been afraid to place themselves in harm's way since the fight with Argentina. I wish them the best of luck and say what you want about them living off the public but we have the same in Congress and the White House. We should not be throwing stones at anyone considering the fragile glass house we live when it comes to corrupt government. They have given the world hope that good things can happen.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
oldasu91412 January 01 2014 at 1:23 AM

Special love for the tall, handsome baby's daddy Prince William, the ever-gorgeous baby's mama Princess William, and the chubby, good looking, first born royal Little Prince George. You are always in my heart as is your royal mother Diana the Queen of Hearts, may she rest in peace.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Donnamarie January 01 2014 at 1:07 AM

Love both!!!! Awesome and simple people!!!! God bless them.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
Tammy January 01 2014 at 1:06 AM

I just have to say that in this world with all of its problems, it is so lovely to see a young couple so in love--royal status notwithstanding--it's really a treat to be allowed a glimpse into their lives. If there were anyone else's lives in this world that I would like to have---it would be theirs. I wish them all the success and love that any two people deserve who seem to be in love as they are.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
Kali January 01 2014 at 12:39 AM

I like hearing about them. I've followed William and Harry since they were born. I see England as an old distant relative with new blood running in its veins that you like to keep tract off. A lot of our ancestors came from there. It was along time ago. Now our closest ally These people show class, love and affection for each other and their baby. Its so refreshing. The mix the old with the new. I think a mix of both will be good for George. He has great parents for that.I wish them a Very Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
cjesmom3 December 31 2013 at 11:30 PM

I find them "refreshing". Charming, well spoken, appropriately dressed and working to promote charity. They seem to value family, are educated, work together and appear in genuine love.
Who do we have to watch? The Kardashian "no talent but sex tape according to Barbara Walters" clan? Miley "can sing but choose cheap vulgar advice for publicity" Twerker? Robin "the plagiarist of Marvin Gaye songs" Thicke? Justin "I'm a brat with money who copies the backstreet boys" Bieber Antics? Tabloid fodder? Scandal, pushing the limits screams of desperation for the public's attention. It's like watching only movie trailers, the pattern emerges, repetition sets in and one can only count the minutes until the inevitable implosion. I'm bored with "today's American celebrity" so I'm looking across the pond. The grass does look greener over there......

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
darandlev December 31 2013 at 10:28 PM

They seem to be a nice couple and who can say anything but good about a baby?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
alydartwo December 31 2013 at 10:17 PM

I dont think any of them ever had to do a days work...

Reply Flag as Abusive -3 rate up rate down
2 replies to alydartwo's comment
Johanna December 31 2013 at 10:37 PM

One would think so - but I have done PR duties on a much smaller scale, of course, than the Prince and Princess and it is, indeed, hard work and very time consuming. Plus it is a known fact that this lovely Princess enjoys cooking and other chores around the 'castle home' when not at work doing public relations appearances and she is a very 'hands-on' mother.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
1 reply to Johanna's comment
Kali January 01 2014 at 12:45 AM

Kate worked for her Moms party business all the yrs she dated Charles. They dated along time. So I know she worked, He was in the military. Now they have be at the beck and call at many charity events to raise money and I'm sure many other things. Its a very hard job. Especially always being in the public eye.

Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
leavesbound December 31 2013 at 10:39 PM

You are correct, none of them have ever HAD to do a day's work. But many of them, including the subjects of this article have in fact chosen to do quite a bit of work. The Duke of Cambridge could have chosen to sit on his duff and live a playboy lifestyle. Instead he gets a real job doing real good saving real lives. Now, as a prominent royal he brings a great deal of happiness to a great many people simply by visiting them and letting know they mean something. Modern royalty are like traveling cheerleaders and goodwill ambassadors making the people they visit feel special. I remember the day the president came to town, the whole town turned out and every person who got to shake the president's hand had a story to tell their grandkids. The who town, for one day, felt special. That is the role of Royals today. They are also the hosts and hostesses for foreign leaders to make them feel welcome to their country.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to leavesbound's comment
Kali January 01 2014 at 12:48 AM

He was in the military being treated and trained like everyone else, I bet he worked just like everyone else. He was in several year

Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
rondy727 December 31 2013 at 9:54 PM

Ok ok let's get over it re you who claim history should be forgotten and the Germans started World War II. Now regarding history I dont care if things happened 1000 years ago. It happened. England taxed us without representation which finally ended when a boat load of tea was dumped into Boston Harbor. Hence the Boston Tea Party.
Now the Germans. Yes they attacked England. BUT in desparation Churchill came to the U.S. and met with Roosevelt literally begging him to fight their war as they claim they had no money. Churchill went home to England with a contract from Roosevelt that the U.S. would defend them from the Germans. I could go on and on but I have studied history my entire 80 year life and I respect the opinions of others, but do your homework!
One other item. I considered Kate 'ugly'. With that I say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.
Thank you to all who may read this, for I welcome your intelligent opinions - good or bad.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to rondy727's comment
leavesbound December 31 2013 at 11:57 PM

The nit picker in me must remind you that the taxation didn't end with the dumping of tea into Boston harbor. There were additional attempts at taxation during that period that followed. Several of my ancestors were participants in that particular protest.

Also, it was not Their war. It was Our war. Two points, one, we had a mutual aid agreement since before WWI and that meant we were obligated to come to their aid just like they were to ours if needed. Secondly the NAZIs had plans to invade the U.S. once they wrapped up their machinations in Europe. Likewise the Japanese had similar plans, in fact both the Japanese and Germans had secretly divided North American right down the Mississippi with Deutschland taking east of the Mississippi and Nippon taking the west. Of course each also had plans of annihilating the other as well. WWII was not just a matter of us sticking our nose where it didn't belong. It was us looking out for our own ass and we did. I am surprised that someone with your many years would not be aware of such well known facts. Had we not gotten involved when we did the Japs would have invaded California and marched east, the Jerries would have invaded the eastern seaboard and marched west and DC would likely have fallen far worse than it had in 1812. We may still have won but it would have been far bloodier. There are a lot of reason to dislike Roosevelt. But not for our entry into WWII, but rather for waiting too long to enter the war. Had we gotten in earlier millions more lives would have been saved and many thousands of U.S. servicemen's lives would not have been lost. The time to cure a disease is not once it has partially ravaged the body but at the first sign of infection when it can be done with the least harm to the body.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
coleslawqueen57 December 31 2013 at 9:49 PM

Really tire of reading about royal family. . . good for them all their $$$$. Please get real for once in your reporting life and report on real issues!!!!!!!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to coleslawqueen57's comment
leavesbound January 01 2014 at 12:02 AM

They will report what sells advertising. Your presence on this page has added to the statistics that drive advertising and choice of articles. Every time you click on such a story, whether you actually read the article or not contributes to their choosing to run more stories on the topic. If you prefer more relevant topics then only click on those topics as that is the only way you will influence AOL to post such stories. Also, when you post to this topic you are adding even more to the statistics that show advertisers that this is the sort of story they should sponsor.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down