AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

Netflix Movies to Watch Before January 1st

If you have nothing to do between now and New Years Day, you may want to catch up on some of the movies that are currently streaming on Netflix, but will expire on January 1st, 2014. Take a look at the movies you'll be missing next year.

That said, we're sure the movie giant will be introducing users to a heap of new films in the coming year.

Movies Netflix Is Losing, Gaining in 2014

More From You

436 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
jamesedstromny December 31 2013 at 1:48 AM

This made no sense, no movie names and the stills you show have no names....waste of space.....

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
realrambo December 31 2013 at 12:51 AM

Netflix does not have the monopole my local video store has just about as many .......

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
steveh619 December 30 2013 at 11:59 PM

Why all the Netflix bashing? I never watch regular cable TV except sports. I will never buy another DVD again. I pay about $25 a month for three movies out at a time plus streaming. I get up to six movies a week in the mail when there are no delays, which there is almost never delays. So I average five movies mailed to me a week. 260 movies a year plus I watch over 500 movies and TV shows a year for the price to buy about 15 movies. No comercials. I've been with netflix around 8 years. If its not streamable I just have it mailed. Yes they are stopping these movies but there is always new ones every week and there are movies canceled every month. Isn't that just like HBO, Shotime etc. Once you learn the in and outs of the site you wll love it.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to steveh619's comment
mojo December 31 2013 at 10:34 AM

I can stream them but I only have a limited amount of download with my Internet provider so streaming is a waste for me, slow as well. I average 2 to 3 movies a month, so I am questioning if it is worth continuing.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
bonanza62 December 30 2013 at 11:53 PM

Deleting classics of any magnitude is missing the point of having an archive like Netflix to choose what to watch. Sure, the lame ones that no one ever saw or bombed...that's a different story, but Titanic, Platoon, Braveheart, etc...come on. The point is to be able to call up ANY movie of significance at any time. If not, it's a lame service.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to bonanza62's comment
jennypenny06 December 31 2013 at 12:02 AM

Yes, but it's not Netflix's decision which movies they can stream. It's all about the film companies and which ones will sell the rights for Netflix to stream the movies. It's not like some Netflix CEO is sitting around, cherry picking movies and asking him or herself, "Hmm...to stream or not to stream?"

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Tom December 30 2013 at 11:36 PM

Netflix worries me as I like to get the DVD in the mail as they first started out. I know many like streaming and that's fine but now I worry that they will stop all the mailing and move into prue streaming . I guess their just going to bail on those who brought them to this point in time. I say this as they have not purchased many of the films and oldies that lay waiting in my backlog list for years now. So Netflix will be losing more in 2014 if there isn't any sign of change for their loyal mailing customers this coming year.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
2 replies to Tom's comment
claeshag December 30 2013 at 11:54 PM

I am also a DVD only subscriber since you can get all the newer movies and a lot of the oldie goodies. Would be interesting to see a Netflix financial statement since I suspect that we DVD subscribers are still subsidizing the streaming subscribers. This is OK since there are obviously many subscribers that only do streaming and it is still an increasing business. But just don't forget who got you going and don't OVERSPEND on the streaming content to the point that it is hurting your DVD business.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
mojo December 31 2013 at 10:41 AM

If they move into pure streaming there are a lot of people like me that can't use it. satellite Internet with limited download makes online Netflix a no go. I also think they need to flag movies better that are not in English. I try to pick unheard of movie as well as popular one but I feel like I keep getting stung with broken movies or movies of a different language. When I talked to customer service I thought they would identify with my feelings and shot me an extra movie but the Rep was very defensive and almost, no not almost, was very rude. Making me really think hard if I am going to continue Netflix.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Mum December 30 2013 at 11:35 PM

Dear netflix i love to see more British dramas Scottish ones would be wonderful you can subtitel them if you have to ;loved Foyels War; Doc Martain; Inspector Leiws; They have one out called the Bill if you could get that smashing I LOVE NETFLIX watch it more than regular t v if i could id kill cable it's a big waste o money thanks netflix

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
effinie December 30 2013 at 11:11 PM

DVDs last longer.

Reply Flag as Abusive -1 rate up rate down
jubequinn December 30 2013 at 10:57 PM

75% of these movies did not make a lot of money. Only a few classics and that's about it.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to jubequinn's comment
Hi Nancy! December 31 2013 at 1:24 AM

Titanic?! Braveheart?! These were blockbusters!
I can understand if they want to get rid of a few "dogs" but some of these are hard to imagine why they were chosen. Must be more to this story......

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Hello Linda December 30 2013 at 10:48 PM

No, don't get rid of the classics.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down