AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

The Hollywood Reporter's 2013 Women in Entertainment Power 100

______________
This year, The Hollywood Reporter's 22nd annual ranking of women in entertainment highlighted the incredible accomplishments of town's top females, from execs to a new TV 'It' girl, in order of empire, influence and intimidating intelligence.

Oprah Winfrey came in at #8, while Golden Globe hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were grouped together at #31. 'Scandal' creator Shonda Rhimes landed the #43 spot and TV host Ellen Degeneres was awarded #45. Coming in at number one was Anne Sweeney, co-chairman of Disney Media Networks & president of Disney/ABC Television group.

The entire list shows the influence and power of women in entertainment. To celebrate the star-studded list, The Hollywood Reporter hosted a breakfast honoring the impressive list of women. In attendance were a few surprising guests including Kim Kardashian, Demi Lovato, and Jane Fonda. Check out moments from the red carpet sightings and breakfast.

To see a complete list of the rankings, click here!

More From You

80 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
lakaheath December 31 2013 at 9:06 AM

The title of this article illuminates the magnitude of the racial divide between blacks and whites. We are forever in pursuit of the "great white hope". Why not compare Sweeney to the # 2 person instead of shedding negative light on Oprah Winfrey?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to lakaheath's comment
geohoiii December 31 2013 at 9:27 AM

If you look at the list, 1 through 7 are network or studio executives no one (in the general public) has heard of. Even Oprah is listed because of her (OWN) network executive/owner status and not as an entertainer. You don't get to any actresses/performers until number 11, and then go back to studio / network execs again until number 31.

They were just trying to get to someone whose name folks would recognize. I doubt that race had anything to do with it.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
MaryLou December 31 2013 at 8:40 AM

I think Maria Shriver is a caring thoughtful woman who really cares about others- Jane Fonda is a traitor to the USA and I am shocked she was allowed through the door- how soon you liberals forget our Soldiers that were striped naked- tortured and beaten and hung in the sun with their feet an inch from touching the ground, because of her at the Hanoia Hotel.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
DGS December 31 2013 at 7:23 AM

Oprah Winfrey came in at #8. Wow just goes to show you white power still exists .
WHITE POWER RULES

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
jrb359 December 31 2013 at 6:11 AM

Gee, imagine that. Someone outranked the Queen of the Stupid!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
jes12254 December 31 2013 at 12:04 AM

Uh oh....

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
pmbalele December 30 2013 at 11:53 PM

I did not see the following: Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Michele Malkin, Herman Cain, Allen West; Bill O; Glen Beck; Sean Hannity. You mean these did not get any ranking?

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to pmbalele's comment
pprice9748 December 31 2013 at 2:40 AM

News today, ...?.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
MARCELLE NOSS December 30 2013 at 11:17 PM

I was rereading my post and saw that I called Roberts Mr. Roberts instead of Julia Roberts or Ms. Roberts. Next I left out Shriver. I think she is probably a great person; I just question her ability to assess good character. Mr. Muscle Man was and is the epitome of scum and how she could have missed that or how the voters of California missed that is way beyond me. Most of us men can see right through other men like women can see through other women and most of us men, I am sure, said "This man is disgusting" and we would have been right. Ya think?

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to MARCELLE NOSS's comment
MaryLou December 31 2013 at 8:43 AM

I really admire Maria Shriver also- but I certainly disagree with the rest of your thoughts-you must be one of the few perfect persons alive-

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
MARCELLE NOSS December 30 2013 at 10:58 PM

Well I have to weigh in on this one...just can't resist. Lets get rid of the easiest first. The Kardashians are simply white trash no matter what you call it and Huffpost should stop reporting on them and we as public readers should as a group do whatever it takes to stop Huffpost from reporting on any of them. Next. Ophra is way too full of herself and way too inauthentic and way too placating to ever earn the number one spot. There was a time that I liked Ellen's comedy, but not her. Then her dancing stuff just killed it. She is the worst dancer in the world and she makes it center stage. She needs some lessons. Now I love her in spite of her inability to dance. SHe is generous, loving, caring, authentic, entertaining and passionate about everything she does and should be closer to number 1 than she has been slated. I happen to love Jane Fonda. I was Tom Hayden's friend at Michigan where I went to law school and he became part of the "Chicago 7". I was always envious of his relationship with Jane. I would marry her tomorrow. Fonda, Turner and Roberts are my favorite females in this world. SOrry to say and I don't get out much these days, but I have never heard of Anne Sweeney...so I have no comment except she better be great to beat out Ellen, Tina, Jane and Mr. Roberts.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to MARCELLE NOSS's comment
MaryLou December 31 2013 at 8:45 AM

you saying you love Jane Fonda shows exactly what kind of un American you are-

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
jackie December 30 2013 at 10:57 PM

Maria's had some work done I see, very good but it doesn't look like her !

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
elkhartbiker December 30 2013 at 10:53 PM

Just shows how pathetic America has become. Not one of these "stars" are worth a single Michelle Bachmann.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down