Weidman defends UFC belt when Silva injures leg

Silva Shatters Leg; Weidman Wins Rematch

sknrfile December 29 2013 at 7:41 PM

holycrap.... is he done? i mean really, that's gotta take screws to fix, can he fight after that type of injury?? Lord man... whoo... :(

beautyislife321 December 29 2013 at 3:55 PM

ANDERSON SILVER, the same as boxer Muhammad Ali at his greatest, used his skills as an MMA fighter, to bring about the greatest excitement and expectation ever in THE FIGHT GAME. Muhammad Ali in his time, and Anderson Silva in this time brought maximum joy to all FIGHT GAME FANS even if these two were not your man in the fight. With both these men, their personalities made FIGHTING so much less a brutal battle, but more a beautiful, skillful dance and show of human fitness never seen or accomplished by any other, even great fighters.
For my friend Anderson Silva to have this great tragity befall him, "I want you to know Anderson, that I and all of your fans, and I dare say, All FIGHT GAME FANS share your pain and help you carry it until you are well agan. We love you and we will miss you and we will not leave you. You have a place in our hearts forever, even if you never fight agan, for we have seen the masterpiece of your Dance Skills. You faught to show your skills, the love of the sport. A Gentleman.
It is so Good that I CALL YOU MY BROTHER.
TIM LEE, Las Vegas...

grgrytckr beautyislife321 December 29 2013 at 4:38 PM

Bullshit sport lower your testosterone pilgrim.

jlp105 December 29 2013 at 7:47 PM

Anything for a buck.

Shaggy's AOL December 29 2013 at 6:29 PM

They always say "work your legs too." Guess his upper body strength did not overcome his lower body wimpiness.

Dr. Mike Nunez December 29 2013 at 4:18 PM

What Chris Weidman did on checking kicks (common on Muay Thai) is just right and Anderson Silva should have also anticipated such technique since he is the greatest fighter on earth. Again, for the second time, Silva underestimated Weidman. I think it's high time Anderson Silva should re-think and give way to Weidman and not come back to the Octagon anymore, he will become a hall of famer of UFC and bring the name the greatest fighter ever. I salute and respect Silva's contributation to MMA. I devoted my time in Martial Airts while growing up, I started in grade three with a Shotokan Ryu style, then Kung Fu, the Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do and become a black belt and a Champion in full contact and this is where I had to work hard in stregnthening my shin due to checking the kick defense (Knee High in Tang Soo Do), then later become a Tae Kwon Do Blackbelt and a Master, until I became a 10th Degree Black Belt in Escrido (Combat Judo, Arnis, and Karate (Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwon Do), now at age 55, I watch the fight, what happened was a well planned out techniques which both has prepared ( it is painfull and horrifying to watch), that is what Martial Arts is all about, being in top shape and prepared for the worst, one obviosly made the wrong move (estimate) and suffer in the end, we should give credit to Weidman victory and he deserved the Championship Belt, respect, and honor. Congratulations Chris and most to your TEAM, excellent team training work out.

I know deep in the heart of Anderson Silva and his team, this was something that they have under estimated.

This is coming from the Grandmaster Mike Nunez. A BIG FAN OF THE UFC. My email, getnunez@aol.com

Candy Dr. Mike Nunez December 29 2013 at 4:31 PM

Finally, an intelligent response to Weidman's defense move. Silva is a great fighter and an a honorable man. Wish him the best!

jimbodc1 Dr. Mike Nunez December 29 2013 at 6:12 PM

Great comment, I too earned a black belt under the great Troy Dorsey. I quickly learned to block kicks with my knee, and without the shin gaurds that we wore when sparing there would have been a lot of injurys. I did not see the fight. I am sad that the injury was so severe, I am wishing him the best.

theteech December 29 2013 at 7:13 PM

Glad to see Chris' compassion in this situation , it looks terrible!!!

verbal007 December 29 2013 at 5:20 PM

Watching the hot dog cry like a baby was too much.......LOL

socraticknight December 29 2013 at 4:45 PM

years ago, there was a super-heavy weight kickboxing match in which the same scenario played out, and with the downed fighter yelling facedown in pain, with his leg below the knee flopping like a fish out of water. the fighter threw a hard kick to the opponent's upper shin (tibia) bone, which was used to block the kick. there is a protruding bone on the upper shin called the tibial tuberosity. that is where the large kickboxer's leg broke.

CONGRATS, CHRIS WEIDMAN, FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!!! an expert martial artist knows how to damage an opponent, just by blocking strikes alone. luckily, the rematch didn't happen in brazil. they can get violent when one of their own loses, just look what happens in soccer matches there.

CONGRATS, RONDA ROUSEY, AS WELL!! hope you get the dream match with MMA star/actress Gina Curano. don't be too rough on Gina, there still might be a chance that Gina can star as Wonder Woman in a movie, or in a similar tv series. still, another dream match in the making for "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey is that with Kayla Harrison. Kayla is the first US female olympic gold medalist in judo. Ronda was a bronze medalist in the 2008 olympics.

zhiff socraticknight December 29 2013 at 9:02 PM

Whatever happened to Chris Cyborg? She rolled over Carano easily. That's the female MMA fight I'd like to see: Cyborg vs Rousey

trshtp1129 December 29 2013 at 6:52 PM

STUPID!! What a shame we continue to deteriorate in brains in this country, to promote this junk..

brianohorner trshtp1129 December 29 2013 at 7:54 PM

Nice football helmet, speaking of stupid

socalflash December 29 2013 at 3:42 PM

So was Silva trying to break or dislocate Weidman's knee? And, instead, broke his own shin? Just wondering.