The most awkward cats of 2013

The Most Awkward Cats of 2013

From the weird 'possum' to the hilarious 'guilty conscience,' these cats are about as awkward as it gets. We'll never know exactly what was going through their heads ... and to be honest, that's probably for the best.

Check out the gallery below for more totally strange shots of cats being, well, themselves.

Cat people, unite! Have a wacky cat at home? Tell us about his or her antics in the comments.

l00niet00nz December 29 2013 at 11:20 PM

I know you've heard of service dogs for vets with PTSD, children with diabetes & epilepsy.
you rarely hear of a cat rescueing a human. my cat, Scarlet, is a rescue cat who frequently rescues me. i have a bradycardia and sleep apnea. many times she has awakened me by kneading me on the chest when my heartbeat gets too slow. she has also gently whacked my face when my breathing stops or gets slow. proud of her!!! happily, my rescue cat has rescued me.

schlauger1 December 29 2013 at 12:46 PM

Cats can be as goofy as dogs, sometimes more so. My black cat sleeps in some really strange positions.

DJ December 29 2013 at 1:12 PM

None of those poses are anything new to anyone who is owned by a cat. I had a black tuxedo male a few years ago that would sleep so deeply you could pick him up and move him to another room without him waking.

ewing1936charles DJ December 29 2013 at 5:37 PM

I can do the same with my male stray ...Love them all - even my Siamese...

Toby December 29 2013 at 1:12 PM

What about telepathic communication with a cat? One of mine and I have conversations all the time. OK. Well, one day I asked him to tell me what is really important to him. He was going to tell me something heart felt. So, I was very surprised: He said he is a cat and does not want to talk about stuff except cat stuff. I said OK (telepathically). Then I asked him again what is really important to him. So, he sat there looking for an answer. He said, "I like my belly rubbed." and he turned over on to his back for me to do it. I had never rubbed his belly before, but he LOVED it, and we do it every day now!

Tweekys Toby December 29 2013 at 7:22 PM

When a cat exposes his/her belly to you, It's a sign of trust. Well. that's what I read..

rodspace53 Tweekys December 29 2013 at 8:18 PM

You are correct. It's true with lots of animals. They are very vulnerable in this position.

Flag +1 rate up
Tweekys Toby December 29 2013 at 7:29 PM

How do you telepathically talk to your cats?

hf2hvit December 29 2013 at 10:10 PM