AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

The most awkward cats of 2013

The Most Awkward Cats of 2013

From the weird 'possum' to the hilarious 'guilty conscience,' these cats are about as awkward as it gets. We'll never know exactly what was going through their heads ... and to be honest, that's probably for the best.

Check out the gallery below for more totally strange shots of cats being, well, themselves.

Cat people, unite! Have a wacky cat at home? Tell us about his or her antics in the comments.

More From You

96 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
louisealcott615 December 31 2013 at 1:01 PM

I have a cat named Sylvester who will come and begin asking for the laser light game each evening around 7:30 pm, in summer - earlier in winter ( his timing is off) - he will get on the end table by my recliner and begin knocking the pencils or wrapped Werther candies, or nail files - anything there - onto the floor. He will eye me as he bothers everything - will stick head if possible in coffee cup or glass of water. Finally, I get tired of resisting and begin the laser game. For the rest of evening, he will play laser light awhile, go rest, pester other cat, or will come back for more pestering me for the game again.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
pentaxfox December 30 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'd like to say that while I love cats as much as my dogs, I'd like to ask other cat lovers to do us all a favor. I have 2 inside (100% inside) cats and a "Porch" cat who was abandoned several years ago. I feed her and get her necessary vaccinations every year and she has a small dog house that she sleeps in during cold weather. I took her to have her spayed and she had already been fixed. I had two loving tom cat strays the loved our porch as well. I took them to a special spay and neuter clinic and had both spayed and got rabies shots. The both roamed around a limited area and I fed them and everybody loved them. The big White one was hit by a car about 6 monthes later, and the big gray one was hit and also left by speeders this spring. He had a happy non-prepoductive live for several years tho. Even tho they were not my cats, I spent $40 buck each and had them neutered so they would not breed more ferral cats. I have had several cats that we found as tiny babies, two who were only about 3 -4 weeks old. Probably orphans os mothers hit by cars. Oustide cats, ferral or not, have very short often cruel lives. House cats have it better. I lost my China Blue at almost 20 years old. She was one of the tiny ones we found on the porch. I have the other one, Beijing and she is already 4. My point is, have yours spayed or neutered, and if you can afford to, have a stray neutered also. You can release them back into their territory and it will help keep out other strays, but they won't be reproducing more ferrel cats. Reducing the population of ferral dogs and cats helps our city wildlife, especially the songbirds, and helps reduce the awful lives they live.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
1 reply to pentaxfox's comment
pentaxfox December 30 2013 at 11:48 AM

Please pardon my typos, I hit the add comment button accidently before I got thru proofreeding!!

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
pentaxfox December 30 2013 at 11:21 AM

Well it's true. People own dogs and they worship us. Cats, well, cats choose to live with you and tolerate you, and they have staff!!

I love my cats and my dogs too.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
l00niet00nz December 29 2013 at 11:20 PM

I know you've heard of service dogs for vets with PTSD, children with diabetes & epilepsy.
you rarely hear of a cat rescueing a human. my cat, Scarlet, is a rescue cat who frequently rescues me. i have a bradycardia and sleep apnea. many times she has awakened me by kneading me on the chest when my heartbeat gets too slow. she has also gently whacked my face when my breathing stops or gets slow. proud of her!!! happily, my rescue cat has rescued me.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
sutt202 December 29 2013 at 10:53 PM

I've had cats and dogs. When my cat died I got a kitten and my 90 pound dog took her under his care and now they are best buddies. But they do drive me crazy running through the house together. Maybe I should just get a small dog next time.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down