AOL.com
AOL.com
AOL.com

NH volunteer arrives at crash that killed daughter

Firefighter Arrives At Fatal Crash, Finds Daughter Is Victim

BROOKLINE, N.H. (AP) - A New Hampshire volunteer firefighter arrived at the scene of a deadly car crash only to realize his daughter was the victim.

Thirty-year-old Katie Hamilton of Brookline was killed in the accident around 9 a.m. Christmas Eve at the intersection of Routes 13 and 130. The mother of three young daughters worked as a plumber for her father Steve Whitcomb's business.

Brookline Police Sgt. Douglas Barnett says Hamilton was southbound on Route 13 preparing to turn left when a truck driven by 31-year-old Greg Cullen of Milford hit the rear of her car and sent it into the northbound lane. She was then broadsided by a Ford F-250 pickup truck driven by 37-year-old James Ciprotti of Weare. Neither man was injured.

More From You

930 Comments
*0 / 3000 Character Maximum
Filter by:
francesgray13 December 28 2013 at 9:03 AM

I JUST PRAY FOR ALL OF THE FAMIILY I JUST LOST MY BROTHER THANKSGIVING I KNOW ABOUT HOW YOU FEELYOU NEVER KNOW IT"S SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW JUST TRY TO BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER AND DO THE BEST YOU CAN .WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU ? LOVE AND PRAYERS TO ALL

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
mousepaws2000 December 28 2013 at 2:06 AM

You are innocent until proven guilty…..all the facts of this accident have not been made available to the public, so please don't judge the driver of the pick up who hit Katie so harshly. I know for a fact that he is devastated by what happened. All of the families that are involved in this accident are grieving right now. Unfortunately, New Hampshire, DOES NOT have a MANDATORY SEAT BELT LAW for anyone over the age of 16 and we do not know if Katie Hamilton was wearing her seatbelt, maybe it could have saved her…….I have prayed for all of the families that are involved in this very, very, very unfortunate accident everyday now. I know that Katie has left behind a loving husband and three beautiful children. We can"t make sense of what happened, but please don't judge the other driver until all the facts come to light.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
Carlos December 27 2013 at 12:31 PM

Absolutely horrible. There's not enough words to describe the pain this father is feeling right now. Deepest sympathies to him & his family. No parent should be burying their child.

Reply Flag as Abusive rate up rate down
LaLeonayElFlaco December 27 2013 at 2:26 AM

Wishing the family warmth, peace, an unity !,My Deepest condolences to them all., Blessings ! I am sorry for your loss.,!

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
kardoggart December 27 2013 at 1:53 AM

SUCH A SAD STORY, MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THIS FAMILY. MAY THEY FIND PEACE BY
KNOWING OTHERS CARE. RIP KAREN

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
Mary December 27 2013 at 1:40 AM

One of our now retired employees was the first one at the scene of his sons accident which claimed his life. I thank God, I can't imagine what it is like to lose a child, but worse yet having to experience it, not knowing it is one of my own. God please be with this man and his family in their time of loss and in the days that follow.

Reply Flag as Abusive +3 rate up rate down
Carl December 27 2013 at 1:37 AM

Where is God?

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
Carl December 27 2013 at 1:36 AM

where is God ?

Reply Flag as Abusive -2 rate up rate down
3 replies to Carl's comment
ICWhite02 December 27 2013 at 1:06 AM

I know what this family is going through, my dad's youngest brother lost his only son, just turned 16, in a car accident on Christmas Eve 1980; his 18 year old daughter was driving the car & she and the 2 boys in the back seat BARELY made it. I was just nearly 18 myself & this tragedy taught me a lesson that life is delicate & precious & can be taken away at any moment, for any reason, or for no reason at all. Death isn't so much the tragedy, since none of get out of here alive, it's the pain of a life cut way too short, with so much left to do. Stupid, crazy, pointless, tragedy does not take a Holiday & that is why you should tell the people you love EVERYDAY that you LOVE them, even if you're angry with them for whatever, your anger will pass, your regret at a missed opportunity never will. At least her father got the chance to tell her one last time that he loved her, what a rare & bittersweet happenstance that was. She sits with Jesus now, saving a warm seat beside her for her loved ones.

Reply Flag as Abusive +1 rate up rate down
1 reply to ICWhite02's comment
mickeyd December 27 2013 at 3:02 AM

WOW, you sure have a way with words,very descriptive. It touched my heart deeply. I am a retired Police Officer and I have been to many car crashers and a goodly number of fatals with families. Moms & dads children etc where fire occurred .I am just at a loss for words as the memories of there situations pour back into my mind as I read your response. I pray for the people in these accidents. God Bless all who are suffering these incredible losses here at Christmas time.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down
mvo1962 December 27 2013 at 1:02 AM

SAD : ( - IN READING THIS : IM GUESSING HER STEERING WHEEL WAS MORE THAN LIKELY TURNED AND WHEN SHE WAS REAR ENDED THE CAR SIMPLY FOLLOWED WHERE IT WAS POINTED ...... KEEP YOUR WHEEL STRAIGHT UNTILL YOUR READY TO PROGRESS FORWARD TO AVOID THIS.

Reply Flag as Abusive +2 rate up rate down