So, did you get everything you wanted?

christmas gift boxes
Though the eggnog haze has worn off and the wrapping paper has been tossed, visions of gifts are still dancing in our heads.

Was Santa good to you this year? We want to hear all about the presents you love ... and the stuff that made you say 'thank God for gift receipts.'

Tell us about the best and worst things you received this year in the comments below!

gramargo December 26 2013 at 10:36 PM

My family usually gathers Christmas Eve but because several had to work that day, we did it on Sunday. So good to have them (or most of them, what with one family living far away, and two having to work that day) all together. We've gone to the no gift thing, though I reserve the right, as matriarch, to give everyone a check, very carefully written and in a nice card. We do have a tradition for "white elephant" stuff done like musical chairs by passing things with multiple layers of paper on them.....if someone sees something they like, they can "steal" it. All these things were really funny this year, but the one that returns over and over is the tackiest snow-dome thing ever, which we await with glee.

I did do something I'd been considering and it went over very well. I sorted out my jewelry and took a lot of nice things I haven't used for a long time, from things that had belonged to my aunts to some turquoise rings (one granddaughter loved those.) There were only two things left, to my delight, and everyone was wearing her choice by the end of the day. I'll probably do the same with a lot of decorative things we collected in our travels.

lbreamer December 26 2013 at 4:10 PM

My husband asked for cheese this year. Lots of cheese. So.... that's what I gave him! I went over to our Kroger & bought him some of every kind they had, lots of different varieties from different countries. And nice crackers to eat it with. Spent about $60 on it. He acted like a child, couldn't believe that was all I bought him. Made fun of it. Can't please him, no matter how hard I try...

prosepo December 26 2013 at 4:09 PM

I've never received a gift that offended me. Yes there have been some that didn't really excite me but I always feel appreciative of the thought. Isn't that what counts more than the fricken gift. Someone went out of their way to think of me in a special way, spend their hard earned money to get me a gift and wrap it. For that I am extremely grateful.

danelaura prosepo December 26 2013 at 4:23 PM

Thank you. Finally a true Christmas spirit.

nansworld.nancy December 26 2013 at 4:03 PM

My wonderful husband gave me tickets to Cher's Dressed to Kill concert in Vegas! thank you darling

corkster53 December 26 2013 at 3:52 PM

DELL SUCKS....MICROSOFT 8 SUCKS ! WHERE DOES A PERSON FIND A COMPUTER THAT DOESN'T STAR WITH NERD

tooliefog corkster53 December 26 2013 at 9:46 PM

Go to Staples and ask to buy a Windows 7 computer. I did. its perfect.

Judy December 26 2013 at 3:43 PM

I got earrings, 2 pairs, amazon gift card, new car radio..was a good year for gifts. My hubby out did himself. Oh and this was my daughters first christmas...so in every way it was a special one.

Anne December 26 2013 at 3:40 PM

I had most of my family around me, and my son called from far away. We missed him. My new puppy was a hit, and we ate great food, and caught up on each others' lives. The gifts were awesome all around-well thought out, and caring gestures. I had a great time!

dillanjaiho21 December 26 2013 at 3:32 PM

My awesome wife got me a Zero Blaster water vapor ring shooter. It is such a fun toy and one that I didn't even ask her for. She just rocks that much. Thanks babe!

Sallyann Lewis December 26 2013 at 3:20 PM

Several years ago I received a paperback book for Christmas. Nice, you say. Expect I was with her that summer when she bought it at a church rummage sale, and she paid 25 cents for 3 books. I recognized the stain on it from when she bought it. It was a big stain. I told myself it was the thought that counted, but really!!

prosepo Sallyann Lewis December 26 2013 at 4:02 PM

oh get over it. She could have given you nothing. Why are you equating the cost of something with the worth of your relationship.

danelaura Sallyann Lewis December 26 2013 at 4:18 PM

Maybe it was a book that meant a great deal to her. Maybe it was a special time in her life because you were with her when she bought it. Kinda sad that you question how much was spent and the quality of the gift. To me, regardless of what she gave you, it was special that she thought of you. Hope you take the time to thank her for her kindness before its too late.

annedyth danelaura December 26 2013 at 4:38 PM

The trouble is , danelaura, she might not have actually given 'thought' to what she gave. I've had people TELL me , that gave something to someone ' just because it was lying around.'

Flag +1 rate up
rwolfen984 December 26 2013 at 2:57 PM

absolute nothing period, no food nothing! Do you give a dam ,NO!

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal