'Jersey Shore' star 'JWoww' pregnant

"Jersey Shore" reality star Jennifer "JWoww" Farley announced on her website that she and fiance Roger Mathews are expecting their first child.

In a post titled "We Are Expecting!" Farley wrote "Merry Christmas from within!" and featured a Christmas card with a sonogram image. "Roger and I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas gift this year! We wanted to share this exciting news with you all first because you have been a part of our lives these past few years and [have] seen the love between Roger and me develop and blossom. We are so excited to share this new chapter of our lives with you as we become parents and create more memories with a new addition to our family!"

The couple said the baby, whose sex was not revealed, is due in July, a date that puts Farley roughly near the end of her first trimester.

Mathews, who is in his late 30s, proposed to Farley during a skydiving session in September 2012.

"Thank you for all your love and support and for being there for us throughout the years!" Farley wrote on her website. "We are extremely happy and cannot wait for our bundle of joy to arrive! Happy holidays from our growing family to yours!"

Superdad December 26 2013 at 10:24 AM

JWhoopie

Mary December 26 2013 at 10:51 AM

Now, get married!

tocokid December 26 2013 at 10:49 AM

another pound of makeup,she'll look like the joker

vw8682 December 26 2013 at 9:10 AM

Shame on all the haters!!!! Congratulations Jen and Roger!!!!! Avoid the negative, focus on the positive. What wonderful news. :)

moudsie vw8682 December 26 2013 at 9:18 AM

Why is is "wonderful?" They aren't married -- they had sex and used no protection -- what is so wonderful about that? And, I don't slam them for having sex--just not being smart about it.

Paula December 26 2013 at 9:14 AM

It would be nice if they were married, setting a good example for all the young adults who watch their show. I fear we are a nation that has completely lost their value system........no more right or wrong, just do whatever you want........!! I wish them well........

moudsie Paula December 26 2013 at 9:17 AM

Exactly--and every time I post something like that -- people getting married first -- I get slammed by those who say I am old-fashioned-blah, blah, blah, and it's always a "star" that's pregnant--and these people are "so happy for her/them"--I keep saying sure, and in a year or two--they will split and do it all over again with someone else and you can be happy for her/them all over again--and in 15 years these kids will be dating their half-siblings.

ksmdaisy Paula December 26 2013 at 9:51 AM

Guess that marriage is not the way to go any more...SAD. "SnookI" (Nicole) Pilazzo sp?) also had her baby last August and she isn't planning her wedding until early 2014? Jessica Simpson has 2 kids..no marriage as yet. . Kourtney Kardashian has 2 kids...no marriage...Kim Kardashian has a kid...no marriage. Maybe it is a trend with "reality stars"??? Of course then there is Angelina Jolie who has 6 kids and not yet married. And her older kids (Maddox 12-years old & Pax 10 or 11 years old & Shiloh who is 7) have begged their parents to marry. The kids want stability... I know that many of the celebrities say they will not marry until EVERY ONE can marry legally. It is sad, though, Paula, I agree with you.

js3579 December 26 2013 at 6:09 PM

and this is news why?

lwilson145 December 26 2013 at 10:48 AM

who gives a crap

bhdawg December 26 2013 at 9:29 AM

Just goes to show youi how low morals have fallen now. What a shame

motorhomerv bhdawg December 26 2013 at 9:44 AM

Seriously, two people engaged and having a child together, what an outrage! Why can't they just have kids and not plan to get married like everyone else is doing! Not a fan of these people, but I'm having a hard time understanding how two people with "great" paying jobs getting married and having a kid is a "bad" thing?

Debbie Schmidt December 26 2013 at 9:29 AM

I am happy for you and Roger, I am a big fan of your show and I watched you and Roger grow closer together over the years, much happyness for the two of you.

tagemall Debbie Schmidt December 26 2013 at 9:50 AM